+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Umm on day 1? LOL I'm not overly worried about leaving bub while I go hang out washing etc and they sleep in their own room in their own cot for day sleeps from day dot so as not to start any bad habits and to get them used to the cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad I read this post - now I don't feel like I'm strange in taking DD with me everywhere haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When DS was newborn he was in the same room with us all the time with the exception of shower time. I had a CS and needed DH's help showering so this was the only time he was left alone for the first month for anything more than a quick drink or toilet trip. As he's gotten older he spends a little more time alone, but with the monitor on. Occasionally now at bedtime he will only really fall asleep on our bed so we clear it off and leave him there until he falls asleep and we can put him in the cot with the monitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will leave bub while I do things around the house as long as I know he's safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD1 we basically lived in a shoebox, so I could always see her. But if she was asleep I would go outside to do something without too much thought. She was carried A LOT though. She is super clingy!
    DD2 I left from the day she came home from hospital. Obviously not for a long period of time, but I would just go about my day to day activities while she slept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a very large house so I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my newborn alone for more than 2 - 3 minutes even if they couldn't go anywhere. I plan on having the bassinet next to my side of the bed for when I'm in bed, when I go for a shower or move around the house and bubs is awake I'll just take the bouncer with me so that they can lay on that and I can keep an eye on them while I do whatever I have to. I have a portable cot that will be permanently in the lounge room and I have a portable cot for when we go somewhere like my parents which I will bring out when I'm in my private lounge which is connected to the master and the nursery.

I think it depends on the baby as well, some babies won't mind being left unattended where as others might cry.