+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Chris Russell

Has anyone used Dr Chris Russell at the Mercy in Heidelberg as their obstetrician? I'm booked in to see him but I'm a little nervous as I can't find any comments/reviews on him (good or bad).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigeyes For This Useful Post:

clairew  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    Congratultions on your pg it is a very exciting time, but can also be very stressful.

I have known Chris for a long time through the Mercy in Heidelberg and always found him to be very caring and empathetic with his patients and families. He was never too busy to answer my many questions and was always readily available and very attentive.

If I was to have another baby or knew someone who was, I would recommend Chris in a heartbeat.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    I am a current patient of Chris! I am 12 weeks pregnant and have already seen Chris for 2 appointments. I have found him to be fantastic. He is very friendly and helpful and answers all of my questions (even the stupid ones!!). Even though I have only seen him twice, I feel I could recommend him to my friends and am confident that he will be fantastic when it is time for my baby to be born.
    I hope this has been helpfull. Message me if you have any further questions that I might be able to help you with.
    Cath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both for your positive responses. I feel a lot less stressed

cathhun I too am 12 weeks pregnant. I was a bit slow organising an obstetrician. I have my first appointment with Chris in two weeks.
    Last edited by Bigeyes; 25-01-2012 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

I'm looking at Chris And mercy at heildelberg how did it go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First appointment went well....although very short (only 20minute) but that was probably my fault as I didn't go prepared with lots of questions. I didn't feel rushed and was able to talk freely and felt comfortable. My second appointment is next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and have heard that I need to book in to see my preferred obstetrician early. I have seen Dr Chris Russell's website and have decided to book in to see him privately at the Mercy in Heidelberg. Before I book I just wanted to see how the people who have posted here are going?
    Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am a current patient of Chris. I have seen him twice now and found him to be really wonderful.

I saw him first at 8 weeks because I was freaking out about having absolutely NO pregnancy symptoms (our first baby), and I had recently been put on Thyroxine for a minor thyroid condition. He saw me straight away after I emailed his office. It was so nice to see our baby for the first time and it really reassured me.

The second time I saw Chris was yesterday, woke up with a random swollen right arm and thought this isn't normal. Paged him and he called back within 15 minutes and told me to swing by the ER at the Mercy as he was working there that day. He saw me straight away, sent me for an arm ultrasound, turns out I have a small clot in my shoulder. So lucky they caught it, unlucky for me the only treatment is twice daily injections for the entire duration of my pregnancy!!! Chris was really lovely, reassuring me that while it sucks, many women do it and it is the best thing for me and my baby.

I am really glad I chose Chris, while he is 'young' in terms on Obstetricians, he is always happy to get a second opinion on matters and I feel 100% confident that he has the best interests of me and my baby at heart.

Oh, I am booked to deliver at the Epworth in December, but am seeing Chris at the Mercy for appointments.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just paid the 20 wk fee which was $3k. Before this payment you pay $75 per visit (Medicare give roughly $39 back) but after the big payment you are only OOP about $7 each visit. Also separately you pay for 2 scans at ultrasound clinic (nothing to do with Chris) 1st $230 ($60 back) then $260 ($90 back).
    Hope this helps!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pippy85 For This Useful Post:

some~day~soon  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Follow up for Dr Chris Russell, Mercy Heidelberg

Hi, I was wondering how the ladies went who had Dr. Chris Russell as their obstetrician? I have just discovered I'm pregnant and am tossing up between 2 different Obs. How was he during the later stages of your pregnancy and during birth? Did you feel comfortable asking him personal questions and was he easy to contact? Also, was he ever unavailable and who were you referred to. Did you feel he was experienced enough etc Any comments or feedback you have about him is appreciated!
    Last edited by firstbub01; 30-05-2013 at 21:29.