+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant & working yes or no??

Hi!

Okay I'm really freaking out!!!

We have been TTC of late then I just got my boys into daycare and they offered me a great job with them.

So I could be pregnant.

What would you do?

I so badly want to go back to work I really do but I'm worried I'll get hyperemisis and SPD again and working in daycare is a very "on your feet bending and lifting type of job" it's also in the toddlers room which I used to work in toddlers and looooved it! Yes I'm mad!

So what should I do?

If I'm pregnant I'm pregnant and I'll still be excited, but If I'm not pregnant now I will definitely take the job and put off TTC!

What do I do?!?!?

Ahhhh! I'm going nuts!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would say take the job and if your pregnant then see how you go and if it becomes a struggle then it's time to finish up..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    take the job. even if you are pregnant you still have approx 7 months left of working in you. better than saying NO and being jobless, feeling sick at home doing nothing and becoming lazy (no offence to anyone, referring to myself when i wasnt working). i hated the first few weeks when i wasnt working and was pregnant, i felt continuously sick, and i know 2 freinds recently pregnant that felt the same but the didnt work the whole 9 months! i was off for 2 months and couldnt do it anymore. i say work see how you go and if yo find out your pregnant tell them when you know not when you are just assuming. they cant fire you because of it. plus its an advantage for when u want to come back to work and have child care avaliable

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go for it and see how you go. I suffer from severe hyperemesis and sciatica for both my pregnancies for the whole time and for both I worked full time til 38 weeks on my feet in a very very busy emergency department. I even went into labor at work with number 2- was a great way to get out of my last shift. I would have gotten so bored sitting at home for 38 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was in your position exactly - except it was just a casual job not something I loved!

Anyway, turns out I was (am!) pregnant and I left there after 6ish weeks because a) standing on a checkout and constantly having to go throw up is useless b) my back was hurting so bad I couldn't move on my days off c) the hours were less than anticipated so wasn't worth what we lost in benefits.

I say go for it & see how you go. If things don't work out then it's for a good reason!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work in cc and worked until the day before my baby was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say take the job and worry about if you are pregnant later.

You havent done anything wrong as you didn't know you were pregnant when you took the job so dont feel guilty.

Enjoy your job until you are UTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the group leader in the toddler room while pregnant and I worked up til 8 mths. I did feel pretty tired towards then end but my bump was pretty small and I was still able to do most things expect lift some of the heavier chn. I say go for it! If it's too tough on you just explain to the director and they may give you lighter duties. One piece of advice as your bump grows try to avoid those tiny chairs. My mate who works in childcare had complications during labour which her doctor said may have been caused by prolonged sitting on them