+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We started our DD on the SOS routines at 6 weeks and she has slept a solid 12 hours every single night since then. She's now 6 months. I think tizzy's fabulous.

Saying that, we tried to start DD on the SOS routines at 2 weeks and found it too hard.

I would say give yourself and your bub time to bond and get to know each other. And then when you're ready, try again.

But that's just my opinion.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

munchkin80  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh hun. He's still so young so feed him whenever he wants to be fed. I'm all the SOS but it won't work just yet. DS was FF and I was up every 1.5-2 hours to feed him. Follow his lead for now. Try keep the lights down at night and don't do anything exciting so he starts to realize the difference between night and day but the SOS won't work at such a tender age.
    Don't follow the book word for word either. If it says "put your child down for a nap every 4 hours" scratch that. Put him down for a nap when he wants it.
    SOS didn't work until DS was 5 or 6 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree with not using SOS. I was given this book but it just didn't feel natural to me. My DD is breastfeed and sleeps through the night now. Nightfeeds were not fun in the early weeks but I believe its so important to make your baby know you are there for them.I have let her set her own routine which changes every few weeks but that's fine because they are only babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with some of the other posters, your baby is so little. If you go back to your old routine will you get more sleep? If yes, do that!

You really just need to do what is best for you and your baby is different to everyone elses. What works for one does not guarantee success for another.

I love Tizzie Hall, I used it for my last 2 kids. But I co slept and demand fed for 11 months, then weaned and slowly moved them into their own cots and bedrooms, then 1 night of sleep training and they were both sorted.

My eldest DD slept through the night from 5 wks - she did 8 hrs straight and was on quite a strict routine. She started waking every half hr at about 6 months. So I did controlled crying. It worked too, she is so confident and outgoing so the CC didn't effect her at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo80 View Post
    Looks like I am the minority munchkin80, each to their own. One valuable lesson I have learnt as a mother is not to judge others because what works for others may not work for you and vice versa, isn't that right ivfmomof2....

And yes I garden/cc when I know precious is fed dry clean and tired. I wouldn't use it as a gauge for bad parenting!

I don't judge any mother, it's none of my business what you do in your home. However I like to share my experience which is what BH is for...
    I agree that all babies are different but to let a baby cry when he/she truly needs the you at that tiny age is not right. At 6 months + yes they can have a little scream IF its because they are just protesting sleep, but old enough to know mummy's there and will come back and they are clean & full and trust they are not alone. I don't judge you in any way, it's your baby I am posting my response because I have tried this and learned a better way than SOS a happier no cry natural way and I believe and this will probably annoy some of you that that book should be taken of the shelves.
    although for your babies it worked, it caused a lot of problems to my DS and many more mothers/babies considering theres a whole page in FB dedicated to wanting it removed from shelves due to problems its caused when used in infants and babies. I think people should know that this book is dangerous especially for a mother like me who suffered PND with my first son. And by no means a good example of early breastfeeding knowledge. I don't judge other mothers by no means, I want to inform mothers there's an easier way to have them sleep without having to endure hours of crying.
    Last edited by IVFmumof2; 24-01-2012 at 07:12.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IVFmumof2 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (24-01-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (24-01-2012),IndigoJ  (31-01-2012),jennibear  (24-01-2012),smallpotatoes  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with the previous posters regarding breastfeeding and SOS. if you wish to continue a healthy b/f relationship please ditch the blardy book.

I have not comment on the controlled crying bit as I am completely against it in any form and will have trouble keeping my post polite.

My fully demand bf baby slept 10-12hrs a night from 5weeks old.

She had rocky patches whenever she was teething (16 teeth in 7mths) where we combined co-sleeping with cot-sleeping but now she is back to 11-12hrs overnight and 2-3hrs during the day at 17mths all in her cot.

IMO humans need to know that they are loved and that mum/dad/carer/partner will come for them if they cry regardless of their age.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

IVFmumof2  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your input, he is still waking a couple of times, think I need to be more specific, will re-post another question and try again to all for all the info and support xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only read the first couple of pages, so I apologise if I repeat what's been said.

First of all IVFMumof2 - I can sooooo relate to your story with your firstborn. Mine is very similar. I still feel enormous guilt too. I do believe that at least some of the damage can be repaired though. We are very AP in our household now, and have been for the last couple of years, and DD1 is growing into a secure, empathetic, affectionate little girl. She is welcome to co-sleep any night she chooses and we have lots of stories and cuddles in our house too.

FTR, most of the time she chooses her own bed these days anyway, so I don't think it's such a 'bad habit'.

In fact, when I went to pick her up from her first day of Kinder today, I peeked around the corner and she was happily engrossed in a story, looking completely relaxed and at home. And there were no tears when I left her this morning! I'm sharing this because there was a time when she had major separation anxiety, but I believe that things are slowly being repaired. I hope so anyway.

To the OP - I really hope you don't feel jumped on! This is such a passionate topic, and it's so easy for us Mum's to get worked up about this stuff.

I guess it's just that a lot of us don't want to see you make decisions that you may live to regret (like some of us have).

I thank God for Bubhub, because it is where I learnt a better, different way to do things with DD2 and DD1 too as a result.

Best wishes to you, and please dont' be scared to come back if you want more advice.
    Last edited by OurLittleBlessing; 30-01-2012 at 15:25.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

IVFmumof2  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    I've only read the first couple of pages, so I apologise if I repeat what's been said.

First of all IVFMumof2 - I can sooooo relate to your story with your firstborn. Mine is very similar. I still feel enormous guilt too. I do believe that at least some of the damage can be repaired though. We are very AP in our household now, and have been for the last couple of years, and DD1 is growing into a secure, empathetic, affectionate little girl. She is welcome to co-sleep any night she chooses and we have lots of stories and cuddles in our house too.

FTR, most of the time she chooses her own bed these days anyway, so I don't think it's such a 'bad habit'.

In fact, when I went to pick her up from her first day of Kinder today, I peeked around the corner and she was happily engrossed in a story, looking completely relaxed and at home. And there were no tears when I left her this morning! I'm sharing this because there was a time when she had major separation anxiety, but I believe that things are slowly being repaired. I hope so anyway.

To the OP - I really hope you don't feel jumped on! This is such a passionate topic, and it's so easy for us Mum's to get worked up about this stuff.

I guess it's just that a lot of us don't want to see you make decisions that you may live to regret (like some of us have).

I thank God for Bubhub, because it is where I learnt a better, different way to do things with DD2 and DD1 too as a result.

Best wishes to you, and please dont' be scared to come back if you want more advice.
    Thankyou for this lovely post, I actually had my DS come in last night and he had a snooze and cuddle then wanted his own bed but he still wrapped his arms around me and said I love you mummy so much! He too is becoming such an affectionate little man!
    Thank you again xx