+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two sleeps to one

How was your LO when they dropped to one day sleep?

How did you know it was time to change?

How is your day structured with one sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 22 month dropped to one day sleep at about 18 months old, it would depend on his mood. Sometimes he needed a morning nap where he'd usually sleep anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes. The times he didn't need that but needed an afternoon sleep were the longer naps...usually 2, sometimes 3 hours.

His bedtime has always been consistent at 8.30pm, he usually gets up around 8-9am, except daycare days where he gets up around 7.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

notquitesupermum  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    the last week my 15 month old has been having 1 big day sleep, used to be one morning and one late afternoon but now he is having a 2-3hour nap from 1pm, he goes to bed at 8.30-9pm and wakes at 8-8.30am

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS seemed to drop his 2nd nap at around 15mths. Now he has a sleep around the middle of the day for 2-3 hours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheUndomesticGoddess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 13 months and is in the process of dropping down to 1 day sleep. It hasn't been as smooth a transition as from 3 to 2 and some days she's still having 2. She normally sleeps 9 through to 8-8.30 and when she only has one nap it's for 2-3 hours from around midday. We're on holiday with family for a couple of months, but when we get home I'll try to ease her bedtime a bit earlier (although, I'd hate to lose those sleep ins) and make sure that we do something fun like playgroup in the morning so that she settles into the 1 day nap pattern (she seems better rested and more content on the 1 nap days)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until 3 days ago DS was having 2 x 2 hour sleeps a day (he's nearly 18 months). It was going great, he went down with out any problem and was in a good mood while he was up.

Then the awful started

He has had the major cranks all day every day. He goes down OK for his morning nap but only sleeps around an hour. The afternoon nap is a serious battle of the wills. He gets up and plays, lays on his back and kicks the wall through the bars. I go in and tell him to lay down and go to sleep (usually works) he laughs at me and runs around the cot. Today this went on for 2.5 hours before I finally decided he would be getting hungry and got him up for something to eat. He did go to sleep later in the afternoon but only for half an hour.

I cant think of any thing that might be causeing this change other than he has just switched all of a sudden to only wanting one nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 11 months and seems to be dropping his second nap at the moment. Some days he'll have 2 but most days it's 1.

Today he woke at 6.30 and then went down for his nap from 10-1. He was in bed tonight at just after 7.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lock and Lu For This Useful Post:

notquitesupermum  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 15month old dd has just mastered the '1 sleep' thing. She goes to sleep at 7:30pm and is awake at 6am.... She then has her day sleep at about 11:30 till 1:30/2. She will NEVER sleep past 6am even if she doesn't go to sleep till 8or 9!! I miss sleeping past 6!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

notquitesupermum  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    My 15month old dd has just mastered the '1 sleep' thing. She goes to sleep at 7:30pm and is awake at 6am.... She then has her day sleep at about 11:30 till 1:30/2. She will NEVER sleep past 6am even if she doesn't go to sleep till 8or 9!! I miss sleeping past 6!!!
    This is my boy exactly, sometimes he will be up before 6 grr! We have tride moving his bed time back but it didnt help and we enjoy the 'us time' we get with him going to bed early.

So this morning I kept him up from 5:50am till 10am and he did ok, he got a bit wingy and tired but he went down with no problem. Hopefully he will sleep a few hours to get him through the afternoon. I will try to move his nap later in the day as he gets used to being up so long in the morning