+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default No communication re fees/book packs

DS starts school thursday week and we are still yet to know what the fees are for the year/term (however it's done) or what he needs in terms of bookpacks and what the cost of that is.

Is that normal for a school not to have advised parents of this so close to starting?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do they have a website? The schools my kids go to have all that info online

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I should have put it in, yes they have a website and I can't find anything on there either - doesn't seem to have been updated since before Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did you get an information pack when you enrolled? Our school provided everything in that and we have never had to provide any thing other than an art smock, sun screen and tissues.

Also, is the school public or private? I know DD school opens the Tuesday for uniforms etc and kids start Thursday and that's a public school in Victoria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, that's not normal (in my limited experience). You definitely should have heard if there's a booklist by now. I'd call the school and ask. The school office shoud be open.

May I just suggest as well, that if there is a booklist rather than a fee for school provided items that you ask if they want everything labelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes got an information pack and there is nothing in there re fees or book packs. I'm not so worried about the cost as I've put money aside it's more that I don't know what i'm going to need labels for or if it's shared etc.

Yes Vic Public school. I got his uniform last year as I had a day where someone could have DD so we made a big deal of DS going for his uniform. Maybe they do the book packs on the Thursday morning when he goes - it's only a 2hr session with half preps in the morning and the other half in the afternoon so maybe that's when it happens.

I just tried ringing but no one there. Reading the other thread about labelling pencils made me realise I wouldn't even have the labels to do that. Oh well, he's got a uniform so I guess that's the main thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    No, that's not normal (in my limited experience). You definitely should have heard if there's a booklist by now. I'd call the school and ask. The school office shoud be open.

May I just suggest as well, that if there is a booklist rather than a fee for school provided items that you ask if they want everything labelled.
    LOL it was your thread that made me realise I'd be in strife if they wanted it all labelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What school year is he going into , I know my son doesn't need to take anything as it is all provided... Books, pencils etc which may be the case for you. If it is a public school , fees will be invoiced to you early term 1, if private the not sure. The school office usually opens the day before school resumes!!! I know cuz I have to go back to work!!!! Good luck, and I wouldn't worry to much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy2579 View Post
    What school year is he going into , I know my son doesn't need to take anything as it is all provided... Books, pencils etc which may be the case for you. If it is a public school , fees will be invoiced to you early term 1, if private the not sure. The school office usually opens the day before school resumes!!! I know cuz I have to go back to work!!!! Good luck, and I wouldn't worry to much.
    He's going in to Prep but thank you for that info, I never thought about invoicing in Term 1, I assumed they'd want it before the term started. Will it all need to come home and be labelled or will it depend on school policy in terms of sharing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got a letter in mail advising us of everything except the friggin day/time the uniform shop re-opens. On the 30th Jan we have to go collect the books and pay for anything we havent already paid for. I also tried calling the school about the uniform shop and it just goes to voicemail.