Closed Thread
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try the chicken velouté from the demo, and butter. Butter is fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Try the chicken velouté from the demo, and butter. Butter is fun!
    What is the chicken velouté? I've had my thermy for a year now so I think the demos have changed

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374653894.132294.jpg

Made mash potato on the forum (not the EDC book) and YUM!!!!!!!

Don't think I'll ever do it on the stove again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Attachment 39744

Made mash potato on the forum (not the EDC book) and YUM!!!!!!!

Don't think I'll ever do it on the stove again!!
    How good is it! I LOVE mashed potato so with this cold weather I've been making it heaps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    What is the chicken velouté? I've had my thermy for a year now so I think the demos have changed
    Ooh it's fantastic. Will put recipe up as soon as ds asleep. A gorgeous leek and potato soup entree, vegetable tagliatelle and a rich creamy sauce over melt in the mouth soft chicken strips- all cooked at once.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (24-07-2013),FertileMertile  (24-07-2013),Pesca77  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I have been lurking for the last couple of months but this thread being updated has made me get off my butt and request a new password so I can join in!!!! I got my thermomix about 2 months ago and feel as if I've joined a cult I cannot understand how I ever survived without it and won't shut up about it to anyone who'll listen!

I too am struggling a little with mains but have decided to cook my way through the EDC before I venture out too much....have made heaps and heaps of things from the book, nothing has been a total flop but I do notice lots of them are fairly bland - probably to cater to more people's tastes I guess.

I am seriously getting fat though! (Although being 39 weeks pregnant probably also has a little to do with that) like others I can't stop baking and making desserts...

I really don't think I can go past the custard, butterscotch sauce and sticky date pudding for my favourites.

Ps can anybody tell me where you can buy wheat grain??? Or what you can substitute it for???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to careermum For This Useful Post:

FertileMertile  (24-07-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We made the mushroom risotto at my demo today and tbh i found it bland the fruity sorbet was yum and the lemon custard so so. I guess we have to adjust our palettes to food without those tasty preservatives lol.

Im gonna make cheese and bacon rolls for my boys. Has anyone made them? Do they freeze ok?

Braiiiiins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by careermum View Post
    Hi there

I have been lurking for the last couple of months but this thread being updated has made me get off my butt and request a new password so I can join in!!!! I got my thermomix about 2 months ago and feel as if I've joined a cult I cannot understand how I ever survived without it and won't shut up about it to anyone who'll listen!

I too am struggling a little with mains but have decided to cook my way through the EDC before I venture out too much....have made heaps and heaps of things from the book, nothing has been a total flop but I do notice lots of them are fairly bland - probably to cater to more people's tastes I guess.

I am seriously getting fat though! (Although being 39 weeks pregnant probably also has a little to do with that) like others I can't stop baking and making desserts...

I really don't think I can go past the custard, butterscotch sauce and sticky date pudding for my favourites.

Ps can anybody tell me where you can buy wheat grain??? Or what you can substitute it for???
    So glad you are liking your thermy! I too don't know how I loved without it. I was a fairly simple cook and would use Premade sauces bought in the supermarket so I love being able to make things from scratch. I guess it just takes time to get to know what ingredients go together but I personally don't use the EDC very often. I find most of my recipes on the community or on certain blogs (quirky cooking is my absolute fav!) and Facebook pages. There is also a thermomix forum which has heaps of recipes and people provide feedback for them and tweak them so you can find heaps of useful info on there!

As for the wheat grain you could try buying it off 2brothersfoods. They are fantastic and I buy most of my flours, nuts and spices off there. I would assume if you didn't need the wheat grain whole you could just substitute it for whole meal wheat flour. I don't use wheat flour (due to me not being able to tolerate it ) and mainly use spelt and every time a recipe calls for spelt grain grinded I just substitute with whole meal spelt flour and always works out the same. Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    We made the mushroom risotto at my demo today and tbh i found it bland the fruity sorbet was yum and the lemon custard so so. I guess we have to adjust our palettes to food without those tasty preservatives lol.

Im gonna make cheese and bacon rolls for my boys. Has anyone made them? Do they freeze ok?

Braiiiiins
    There is an awesome recipe on the forum that's a chicken, bacon and mushroom risotto. I make this quite often and never make the EDC mushroom risotto. Ill find the link for you

Edit: also I find I always add in more stock then called for. If a recipe says 1Tbsp then I normally put in at least 2. Just my personal preference.
    Last edited by FertileMertile; 24-07-2013 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the chicken bacon mushroom risotto I was talking about. I find it much more tasty

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/re...-risotto/51673

Also this risotto is by far my favourite. To me it tastes similar to paella.
    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/re...-risotto/86960

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (25-07-2013)