Closed Thread
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 921
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanks
    721
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try the chicken velouté from the demo, and butter. Butter is fun!

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Try the chicken velouté from the demo, and butter. Butter is fun!
    What is the chicken velouté? I've had my thermy for a year now so I think the demos have changed

  3. #903
    MrJones&Me's Avatar
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked
    1,370
    Reviews
    22
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374653894.132294.jpg

    Made mash potato on the forum (not the EDC book) and YUM!!!!!!!

    Don't think I'll ever do it on the stove again!!

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Attachment 39744

    Made mash potato on the forum (not the EDC book) and YUM!!!!!!!

    Don't think I'll ever do it on the stove again!!
    How good is it! I LOVE mashed potato so with this cold weather I've been making it heaps

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

    MrJones&Me  (24-07-2013)

  6. #905
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanks
    721
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    What is the chicken velouté? I've had my thermy for a year now so I think the demos have changed
    Ooh it's fantastic. Will put recipe up as soon as ds asleep. A gorgeous leek and potato soup entree, vegetable tagliatelle and a rich creamy sauce over melt in the mouth soft chicken strips- all cooked at once.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (24-07-2013),FertileMertile  (24-07-2013),Pesca77  (24-07-2013)

  8. #906
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0
    Hi there

    I have been lurking for the last couple of months but this thread being updated has made me get off my butt and request a new password so I can join in!!!! I got my thermomix about 2 months ago and feel as if I've joined a cult I cannot understand how I ever survived without it and won't shut up about it to anyone who'll listen!

    I too am struggling a little with mains but have decided to cook my way through the EDC before I venture out too much....have made heaps and heaps of things from the book, nothing has been a total flop but I do notice lots of them are fairly bland - probably to cater to more people's tastes I guess.

    I am seriously getting fat though! (Although being 39 weeks pregnant probably also has a little to do with that) like others I can't stop baking and making desserts...

    I really don't think I can go past the custard, butterscotch sauce and sticky date pudding for my favourites.

    Ps can anybody tell me where you can buy wheat grain??? Or what you can substitute it for???

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to careermum For This Useful Post:

    FertileMertile  (24-07-2013)

  10. #907
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,033
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We made the mushroom risotto at my demo today and tbh i found it bland the fruity sorbet was yum and the lemon custard so so. I guess we have to adjust our palettes to food without those tasty preservatives lol.

    Im gonna make cheese and bacon rolls for my boys. Has anyone made them? Do they freeze ok?


    Braiiiiins

  11. #908
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by careermum View Post
    Hi there

    I have been lurking for the last couple of months but this thread being updated has made me get off my butt and request a new password so I can join in!!!! I got my thermomix about 2 months ago and feel as if I've joined a cult I cannot understand how I ever survived without it and won't shut up about it to anyone who'll listen!

    I too am struggling a little with mains but have decided to cook my way through the EDC before I venture out too much....have made heaps and heaps of things from the book, nothing has been a total flop but I do notice lots of them are fairly bland - probably to cater to more people's tastes I guess.

    I am seriously getting fat though! (Although being 39 weeks pregnant probably also has a little to do with that) like others I can't stop baking and making desserts...

    I really don't think I can go past the custard, butterscotch sauce and sticky date pudding for my favourites.

    Ps can anybody tell me where you can buy wheat grain??? Or what you can substitute it for???
    So glad you are liking your thermy! I too don't know how I loved without it. I was a fairly simple cook and would use Premade sauces bought in the supermarket so I love being able to make things from scratch. I guess it just takes time to get to know what ingredients go together but I personally don't use the EDC very often. I find most of my recipes on the community or on certain blogs (quirky cooking is my absolute fav!) and Facebook pages. There is also a thermomix forum which has heaps of recipes and people provide feedback for them and tweak them so you can find heaps of useful info on there!

    As for the wheat grain you could try buying it off 2brothersfoods. They are fantastic and I buy most of my flours, nuts and spices off there. I would assume if you didn't need the wheat grain whole you could just substitute it for whole meal wheat flour. I don't use wheat flour (due to me not being able to tolerate it ) and mainly use spelt and every time a recipe calls for spelt grain grinded I just substitute with whole meal spelt flour and always works out the same. Hope this helps!

  12. #909
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    We made the mushroom risotto at my demo today and tbh i found it bland the fruity sorbet was yum and the lemon custard so so. I guess we have to adjust our palettes to food without those tasty preservatives lol.

    Im gonna make cheese and bacon rolls for my boys. Has anyone made them? Do they freeze ok?


    Braiiiiins
    There is an awesome recipe on the forum that's a chicken, bacon and mushroom risotto. I make this quite often and never make the EDC mushroom risotto. Ill find the link for you

    Edit: also I find I always add in more stock then called for. If a recipe says 1Tbsp then I normally put in at least 2. Just my personal preference.
    Last edited by FertileMertile; 24-07-2013 at 19:56.

  13. #910
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is the chicken bacon mushroom risotto I was talking about. I find it much more tasty

    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/re...-risotto/51673

    Also this risotto is by far my favourite. To me it tastes similar to paella.
    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/re...-risotto/86960

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

    Zombie_eyes  (25-07-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-11-2012, 12:28
  2. Who DOESN'T love their Thermomix?
    By Susan Mac in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 08:44
  3. Does anyone have a thermomix and if so do you use it regularly like everyday?
    By Littleyorkshirepudding in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22-03-2012, 18:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!