Closed Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Cubs is offline Can't wait to meet you baby!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all I got a thermy for Christmas and so far I love it!! Have made heaps of things so far but the best recipes I've found are on that forum. I've made Isi's rolls too, yum!! Also there's a recipe there for cheesy garlic bread. I've made that, but I also use the dough bread recipe to make normal rolls (no garlic butter) often and it's really yum (soft!). Another hit is risotto. I don't have a thermoserver (saver?) but I've decreased the liquid and increased the rice and it works perfectly. My fave is chicken, spinach and sundried tomatoes!!

I can also recommend the 'never fail cupcakes', lemon cookies (I used orange instead - yum!) and banana, blueberry and yoghurt mini muffins. I love the sundried tomato dip from the EDC too.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and yummy tips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    I
    On the topic of bread, does anyone have a good recipe for bread that's not quite so heavy on wheat? Trying not to overload DS with wheat for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    Yeah I've got a few... http://www.besthamburgerrecipes.org/...urger-buns.php

I've got this recipe but I use brown rice flour instead and add chia seed and 1/4c almond flour instead of the buttermilk flour. I just put it all in and mix then knead for 2min. (do the yeast rise first) I also only add half the amount of water and omit the aramanth flour for tapioca starch. It's really fluffy and light!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (09-02-2012),gizmoduckus  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another question here....

I want to make a vegetarian risotto for a friend but she doesn't like mushrooms. Any ideas how to adapt the recipe to suit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just leave the mushrooms out

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a veg risotto, I just add anything that I have on hand. Fetta, olive, spinach, s'dried toms & pumpkin is probably my favourite. I just steam or oven roast the pumpkin, and stir it & everything else in at the start of the resting period.
    Last edited by sunshine81; 09-02-2012 at 12:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Just leave the mushrooms out
    Sorry I should of been more specific. I wanted to know how to adapt the mushroom risotto in the EDC cookbook. If I just took the mushrooms out then it would just be rice.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81 View Post
    For a veg risotto, I just add anything that I have on hand. Fetta, olive, spinach, s'dried toms & pumpkin is probably my favourite. I just steam or oven roast the pumpkin, and stir it & everything else in at the start of the resting period.
    Thanks. I was wondering if I had to put stuff in during the cooking process or I could wait until the resting period. I might try sundried tomatoes and baby spinach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok so my demo is booked and one of the things she is going to cook is a custard...however my DD1 has allergies to dairy and egg so she's trying to accomodate that but still having it taste like custard for those coming to my demo. Anyone got any tried and tested recipes? Shinebrite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, Ive seen a vegan custard somewhere! It's just dairy free milk, vanilla essence and tapioca or corn starch. You can add turmeric for the colour and maybe an avo for a bit more creamy texture or silken tofu?

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just add pumpkin or sweet potato instead of the mushrooms?

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She said she has made one on polenta but that it tasted more like a sweet polenta rather than a custard....for me that sounds fine (I don't eat polenta but the rest of my fam does) but she said it can be off putting for people coming and they think that's how the thermomix makes custard. I can just let her make it how she wants to and not feed it to my kids but it would be nice to include the kids in all the dishes.