Closed Thread
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Made the 30 second orange cake last night. All I can say is yum, yum, yum!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yardley For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    I made quirky cookings fried chicken the other night and OMG it was awesome! So crispy! I just milled 250g of brown flour and added some paprika and salt to the rice flour. I dunked the chicken in egg and almond milk mix and then into the flour and fried it off in coconut oil. Turned out perfect.

Maybe you could use a similar coating for the arancini?
    Sounds awesome!!!! I used breadcrumbs they were nice enough. Will try your idea next time for sure! Yummmm will check out that website to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Question: can I steam veggies whilst making mash potato???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    Question: can I steam veggies whilst making mash potato???
    I'm only a Thermomix newbie, but my suspicion would be that to steam effectively, you need to be using Varoma temp (you could maybe get away with 100 degrees)? I can't remember what setting is used for mash, but I imagine it would depend on that? Maybe one of the Thermie gurus could confirm or correct that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could steam the potatoes in the bottom varoma tray and some other veggies on top. I've done that a few times and seems to work fine. I do give them a quick stir every now and then to make sure they are evenly cooked

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    You could steam the potatoes in the bottom varoma tray and some other veggies on top. I've done that a few times and seems to work fine. I do give them a quick stir every now and then to make sure they are evenly cooked
    This is what I do but I use the internal basket and the varoma, sometimes I steam potatoes in the internal basket, chicken in the bottom of the varoma and veggies in the top. When they are done I mash the potatoes then make cheesey sauce

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if I cook the potatoes in the basket how long do they take and then how would I mash???

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    About 20-25 min, pop them and the chicken on at the same time if your cooking it. I tip the water out pop in the butterfly and mash with a bit of milk and butter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find I can cook peas perfectly using the varoma in the time and at the temp you do the mash. I just make sure I put them in at the beginning. Not hot enough for other veg tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found a recipe on the forum for cooking mash and veg at the same time so trying it out.....