Closed Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Just going back a bit, elleandsam, how did you know your scales were busted? Did things just start tasting yuck? I've often wondered how you would know they were out of whack without double weighing everything!
    My consultant said to weigh my MC or something every now and then. So lid on, press scale button and the MC should weight 25-30 grams. If its out then thermy isn't level or there is pressure on the cord, or the scales are broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good thinking 99! I was probably told the same thing, but I can't often remember what happened a month ago letalone a year ago these days!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    My consultant said to weigh my MC or something every now and then. So lid on, press scale button and the MC should weight 25-30 grams. If its out then thermy isn't level or there is pressure on the cord, or the scales are broken.
    Oooo this is very good to know. I've had a couple of HORRID meals when scales were not level. (leaning on cord) thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm terrible, I don't weigh anything... Just put it in

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies... I don't have one but I've been looking into the Thermomix for a while now. Can someone tell me, do you have to host a demo to buy one?

Arghh... I REALLY want one but DH is going to faint when I tell him the price!!!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Just going back a bit, elleandsam, how did you know your scales were busted? Did things just start tasting yuck? I've often wondered how you would know they were out of whack without double weighing everything!
    I callobrate my scales with water because 1ml = 1gm.

So I do say 200ml or make sure it equals 200gm

HTH

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Californication  (07-02-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The measuring cup holds exactly 100ml (100gm) when it is full to the absolute brim with water.

Mill, host a demo and get dh to attend. Most men love gadgets and once they see what this one does, will be happy to get it. My dh didn't attend but was happy for us to buy it because I told him he would love it (he's a gadget man). He thinks it is amazing and worth it and he still hasn't seen all it can do. I have also used it at least 3 times per day so he is fine with it.

This morning after breakfast (thermomix porridge cooked with apple and cinnamon) I was packing lunchboxes and noticed that 6 nectarines in our fruit bowl had spots of mould on them/ yukky bits. I cut all the bad bits off, and took the stones out and tossed them in the thermie sprinkled liberally with some sugar. I cooked on 100C at speed 1 for about 15 minutes and now have some great topping/fruit to mix with the natural yogurt I have in the fridge.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 07-02-2012 at 17:27.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (07-02-2012),Mill  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have a recipe for a really light bread? I find that the bread recipe in th EDC cookbook comes out too heavy. I'm attempting to make it today by kneading it for longer than what it says in the book. I hope that it turns out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill View Post
    Hi ladies... I don't have one but I've been looking into the Thermomix for a while now. Can someone tell me, do you have to host a demo to buy one?

Arghh... I REALLY want one but DH is going to faint when I tell him the price!!!!
    You can buy it without the demo but I suggest you have one anyway. They cook up lots of yummy food. The demo that we had at home is what sold my DH on the thermomix and he bought me one for my birthday as a surprise.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

Mill  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    Does anyone have a recipe for a really light bread? I find that the bread recipe in th EDC cookbook comes out too heavy. I'm attempting to make it today by kneading it for longer than what it says in the book. I hope that it turns out.
    I make one on the forum called Isi's Portuguese rolls (you can make it into a loaf). It's really good. Once I left it proving for about 2 hours when I went to the library and it was very light with lots of air holes in it.

On the topic of bread, does anyone have a good recipe for bread that's not quite so heavy on wheat? Trying not to overload DS with wheat for breakfast lunch and dinner.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (07-02-2012)