Closed Thread
Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I made this tonight - easy chicken coconut curry which was lovely. Thought I'd share as it is an easy one and makes a lot too. 4 good sized serves when served with rice. I served it with coconut rice which was yum as always.
    http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=8925.0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    I think it is pretty filling - the rice really thickens it up. I'd probably serve it with a bread roll though if I could (too hard in our house as we are gluten free)
    I have the chicken all chopped up and frozen ready to make this later on this week.
    Quite devastatingly, I'm currently gluten free too thanks to DS2 allergies! But I brought some gf flour to try...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just made thermomix cordial! Tastes like liquid raspberries!!! 30mims and its done!!! Add cordial to list of things I will never buy again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Made new edc stroganoff tonight. Inedible

if you are making it there is a mistake in the recipe. Do not add 100g sherry vinegar!!! Use white wine instead. Glad out dinner guests cancelled- we are eating pizza now instead.
    Hilarious! I made this last night and also found it so sweet! I won't be adding the sherry vinegar next time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenk View Post
    Hilarious! I made this last night and also found it so sweet! I won't be adding the sherry vinegar next time!!
    I made it to but didn't have sherry so used sake haha ( its all I had) the original recipe had white wine so much tastier.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made the 'fanciest' meal I've ever attempted the other night. It was steamed chicken and vegie dumplings with an asian broth. It was a bit more fiddly than I thought, so it ended up being a late dinner for us!! but on the up side everyone - including my fussy 3 yo loved them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've added a ketchup recipe to the forum and I LOVE it! I found it online originally but then realised it's out of the my way of cooking cookbook. I use it for so many things and basically use that whenever a recipe calls for tomato paste. Such an easy recipe and last for 3 months in the fridge!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

Lienkie  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the strog check out the forum as there is a tweaked version. I believe it's posted on the full little tummies blog but there seems to be a prob with her blog and there are no posts. Although after a quick search I found this on the community and from memory it's very similar to the one I made
    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/node/17762

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Ladies please help!

I'm attempting to use the varoma for the first time and have never seen it in action (worlds worst consultant). I'm cooking salmon on the bottom shelf thingy.

Can I cook veggies in the bowl or top shelf thingy of the varoma at same time?
    Yep I love steaming salmon in the varoma! I normally use a recipe off the community called simple steamed salmon. Absolutely delicious! To steam the fish I wet and scrunch up some baking paper as when it's wet the steam goes through it then layer some veggies in the top tray. Too easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    I made butter the other day and it was a mess! So greasy haha......will probably keep buying butter..... Will never buy ketchup, jam, bread rolls or nuggets again though! Staple recipes in my house
    Try quirky cookings butter. It's brilliant and makes 3 times as much. You have to keep it in the fridge but by adding water and oil it makes it spreadable straight from the fridge! My friend has a blog called thermovixens and she uploaded a video on how to make the butter so basically just follow that and then chuck the butter back in the thermy (butterfly back in). When you chuck the butter back in weigh it and then add equal amounts of water and oil. Eg if you have 300g of butter add 300g of water and 300g of oil (I use macadamia) and mix on speed 4 for about 20 seconds. It will be super runny but firms up in the fridge. Kinda reminds me of whipped butter