Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I loved the cada when I tried it at a cooking class. But since I'm dairy free, how else could I eat it without being too dry on its own?

I've had the coconut yoghurt before which was ok, but extremely expensive.
    You can make dairy free yoghurt. I've been investigating. You buy a dairy and soy free starter off the net (cant remember the site) and use a dairy free milk like almond milk. I plan on doing this soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Where was that recipe from LoCo??
    Off the forum hun I can send u link tomorrow if you can't find it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    You can make dairy free yoghurt. I've been investigating. You buy a dairy and soy free starter off the net (cant remember the site) and use a dairy free milk like almond milk. I plan on doing this soon.
    I would love this!! I'll have to google the starter and test it, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    I'm a thermomix consultant now, did you want me to pm the velouté recipe to you?
    Can you pm me the recipe ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, for those of you who are dairy free, you can make your own coconut yoghurt. I've just joined the FB pages Thermostruck and Thermofun they are both awesome sites and are now my go-to pages if I'm stuck with something or looking for some inspiration!! I've had my Tmx for 18months now, but am only really just really getting into using it more. Last night I made Pumpkin, Zuchinni, Sweet Potato Soup with fresh home made Bread rolls - yum!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little miss messy View Post
    Hi Girls, for those of you who are dairy free, you can make your own coconut yoghurt. I've just joined the FB pages Thermostruck and Thermofun they are both awesome sites and are now my go-to pages if I'm stuck with something or looking for some inspiration!! I've had my Tmx for 18months now, but am only really just really getting into using it more. Last night I made Pumpkin, Zuchinni, Sweet Potato Soup with fresh home made Bread rolls - yum!!
    Oh that sounds great- can i ask for the recipe? I've made the pumpkin soup from the EDC and it was ok but I do prefer a thicker soup!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    I'm a thermomix consultant now, did you want me to pm the velouté recipe to you?

Yes please! We loved it and can't wait to make it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't see the harm in just posting the recipe on here

Chicken/Salmon Veloute

1 clove garlic
    80g brown onion (about 1 onion), halved
    30g olive oil
    500g water
    1tbsp TM stock
    220g leeks (about 2 leeks), white part only, roughly chopped
    370g nadine potatoes, roughly chopped
    8 chicken tenderloins (about 400g) or 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 500g)
    180g zucchini (about 1), sliced with peeler into tagliatelle
    340g carrot (about 2), sliced with peeler into tagliatelle
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 1/2 tbsp crème fraiche/sour cream
    2 tsp Dijon mustard

1. Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Add oil and sauté 3 min/varoma/speed 1.

2. Add water and stock to mixing bowl. Place leeks and potatoes into TM basket and insert into position.

3. Place the chicken or salmon onto varoma tray and season. Place varoma into position and steam 17-20min/varoma/speed 3 for chicken or 11-14 min/varoma/speed 3 for salmon.

4. Add zucchini and carrot tagliatelle to varoma dish reposition tray with chicken or salmon, and steam for a further
    5 min/varoma/speed 1, until chicken or salmon is cooked through.

5. Place zucchini and carrot tagliatelle and the chicken or salmon into a thermoserver to keep warm.

6. Transfer the leeks and potatoes into mixing bowl with the water and stock, season with salt and pepper and puree 1min/speed 9, gradually increasing from speed 1 to speed 9.

7. Transfer almost all of the soup into a large bowl, leaving enough soup to just cover the bend in the blades. To make the sauce, add the crème fraiche/sour cream and mustard to the mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 3.

Tips:

You can use other vegetables in place of the leeks in the soup, but do not adjust th.e quantity of potato as this will change the texture of the soup.

For a different flavour in the sauce, use wholegrain mustard instead of Dijon

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-07-2013),btmacxxx  (01-07-2013),LoCo  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having massive trouble with the everyday cookbook! Everything I make out of it is crap! The food off the thermomix forum is so much better!

Seriously I'm paying $2000 for a kitchen machine and they couldn't make sure all the recipes work.....I made the bread rolls which turned out like scones and pasta sauce that had way to much liquid and the butter chicken is awful!

Anyone else had this problem??