Closed Thread
Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Is anyone interested in resurrecting this thread with me? I made these the other night

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=5696.0

I had to get some practise in for Christmas presents. Lordy they are good!!

Has anyone made a pull apart bread with sucess?
    I have made the pesto pull apart bread (From the "In the Mix" cookbook)
    You make it like scrolls and cook it in a spring form pan - absolutely delicious!

PIC>
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4&l=9cd2c62889

I've done the same thing with a sun dried tomato and feta inside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I have made the pesto pull apart bread (From the "In the Mix" cookbook)
    You make it like scrolls and cook it in a spring form pan - absolutely delicious!

PIC>
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4&l=9cd2c62889

I've done the same thing with a sun dried tomato and feta inside
    Could you please direct me to an easy pull apart recipe, i would love to make some now for practice runs leading up to xmas. The only bread i have made so far is the little pizza breads.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is the food as flavoursome from a TMX as opposed to normal cooking? I loved the food at the demo, but have heard that lots of tmx owners prefer cooking with pots and pans.

Also, what are the best foods to start out with when you first get the tmx?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Is the food as flavoursome from a TMX as opposed to normal cooking? I loved the food at the demo, but have heard that lots of tmx owners prefer cooking with pots and pans.

I have only had mine for a few months. I need to make more diiners in ours as i have not ventured very far in the form of dinner meals but as for everything else i now make things i never even thought of making before, yesterday i made mayonnasie and it is beautiful and i make my son those mini pizza breads that you buy from the bakery and he takes them to school for lunch.
    Our 2 little ones love the custard and its so quick to whip them up a custard for dessert and i love the ease and taste of the risotto it makes. My next venture is going to be tomato sauce and jams

5. The Following User Says Thank You to millsmum For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

I think it depends what you are making and how you like it. What sorts of things would you be making in it? I make the most awesome bangers & mash with gravy in mine, the gravy tastes amazing. I found the lasagne and spag bol sauces in the every day cookbook WAY too salty. I found the risotto really bland. The too-easy chocolate cake is delicious. The mashed potato is better than any I've ever made by hand.

So yeah I guess it depends on what it is! lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I actually like cooking, so I'd only use it for things like sides/sauces and maybe for baking during the week purely as a time-saver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit of trial and error I think. I often find that what I make tastes nothing like I expect, but I'm not good enough to know what to change to make it better. The forum that someone linked earlier is really good - people post recipes and the more experienced thermomix users often post suggestions/tweaks.

For things like white sauce it's great - tastes exactly the same as I make it in a saucepan except it's guarnateed to work, you don't have to stand there stirring and it never has lumps!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix Lovers Unite

I'm so excited!!! My wonderful mum rang me this morning to tell me that she has just ordered me a thermie!!! I cannot wait to get cooking with it and I will be slowly reading through this thread to find some tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    MillsMum- They were delish!! Definitely don't add more condensed milk like I did thinking it would 'up' the yuminess factor Made them a bit to sticky. I agree with the lady who made them to use the brand of cherries she recommends opposed to the ones she used. I also dipped them on and then put them on a rack to drip. I had a lot of good comments about them.

Benji- I do find food is really nice in there but I have been using mine like a really good food processor. You do need time to play around with it and scour the forums for new recipes etc. I have been happy with it. Whilst I may not use it every day (like others day) I do use it every week and sometimes 3 times a day.

Squishie- How generous and lovely for you! Enjoy: )

5INTB- Looks yum! I don't have the book ( I am getting some for Christmas)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (22-11-2012)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Halfway through making rara's cherry bites and I can't wait to eat them!!! Yumm!!