Closed Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im also thinking I need to go out and buy a butt tonne of glass jars to store all this stuff in! Annnnnnd my pantry will need a good ol rearrange!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Thermomix Lovers Unite

Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    I love thai curry so thought I would maybe try to make that but there are soooo many ingredients and like I said I wouldnt even know what section in the supermarket they are all in

My friend is a consultant (bought the thermy through her) so she came over today and we made the veg stock so I was hoping on using it so might make the mushroom risotto instead but yeh just finding it all a bit overwhelming
    I just use recycled glasses

I'm trying to remember what's in the chicken thai recipe! I think they are mostly in the herbs and international section. Just stick with the basic recipes to start with rissotto, soup, the beef strog is easy, the tuna pasta dish is good and the creamy salami one too (I just use milk). Take a breath and dive in!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Oh the hazelnut spread? So good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've been looking at the thermomix and thermochef... But the price! Has anyone got them secondhand or discounted? Is it worth the price?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I just use recycled glasses

I'm trying to remember what's in the chicken thai recipe! I think they are mostly in the herbs and international section. Just stick with the basic recipes to start with rissotto, soup, the beef strog is easy, the tuna pasta dish is good and the creamy salami one too (I just use milk). Take a breath and dive in!
    Ok cool I think I may have been a bit too ambitious lol

I can't wait to make the spreads! The only prob with me and a hazelnut choc spread is may or may not eat it all nutella is banned in my house for this reason!

I'm thinking a mushroom risotto but will add some chicken and bacon to it (found a recipe on the thermomix community doing this) also I remember my friend added some dried mushrooms when doing the demo so might try to find some of them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Yep too ambitious I've never used dried mushroom but I do find the Swiss brown mushrooms give a richer flavor. And don't forge to do the Parmesan cheese first! I still forget

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yep too ambitious I've never used dried mushroom but I do find the Swiss brown mushrooms give a richer flavor. And don't forge to do the Parmesan cheese first! I still forget
    Ooo good to know! I think she used dried porcini mushrooms? I can't exactly remember but I'm sure it was a mushroom starting with a 'p'. No idea if you can get that at your supermarket so I'll have to have a looksie. I'm really looking forward to cooking with the therms tomorrow. Not feeling so overwhelmed now. Thanks HOF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

No worries

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    So I received my thermy today and I have been looking through the two cookbooks I got with it (everyday cooking and my way of cooking) and I'm so overwhelmed with it all.

The whole point of me getting this thermomix was to save money and eat preservative free as much as possible but I feel like I'm going to be spending hundreds of dollars just getting my basics up by making my own butter, spreads, jams, stocks etc.

I also feel like a lot of the recipes are beyond my cooking level as I have never even heard of half of the herbs and spices mentioned in the cookbooks let alone even know where to buy them.

I thought I would be a bit more excited but now I'm scared I've wasted my money. Ahh pls tell me it gets easier
    I was the same . Now I use mine every day. My first few dishes were crap and now I love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Deciding to buy your TM is probably the best decision you have ever made in terms of appliance acquisition. Don't worry, just start using it and you won't stop. You will be amazed with exactly what you will be able to make. Especially how easy it is to make food for bub. I love mine!