Closed Thread
Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Thermomix Lovers Unite

I just had a look and it's the crusty white bread mix. Compared it with the ingredients in their pizza mix and they are the same, just add oil to it instead of just water. I figure it's all pretty much the same? If not then I'll have crusty white bread pull-apart with pizza topping for dinner instead

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is it the laucke brand? That's what I use

280g warm water
    20g oil
    1 heaped tbs dried yeast
    500g flour
    1 tsp salt

Bung it in in that order and interval for 2 min leave to rise in thermoserver for 30-40 min. Makes 2 large pizzas (I did 2 batches on Sunday).

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Now I feel like pizza. Were having beef strog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As long as it resembles pizza it doesn't matter, right?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    As long as it resembles pizza it doesn't matter, right?!
    Only thing that matters is that it tastes good!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (31-08-2012)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Omg thermolicious I never thought to let the dough rise in the thermoserve!! Der!!! What a good idea!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Does anyone know what Oct thermomix purchaser promotion will be? September is an Indian cook book

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So I received my thermy today and I have been looking through the two cookbooks I got with it (everyday cooking and my way of cooking) and I'm so overwhelmed with it all.

The whole point of me getting this thermomix was to save money and eat preservative free as much as possible but I feel like I'm going to be spending hundreds of dollars just getting my basics up by making my own butter, spreads, jams, stocks etc.

I also feel like a lot of the recipes are beyond my cooking level as I have never even heard of half of the herbs and spices mentioned in the cookbooks let alone even know where to buy them.

I thought I would be a bit more excited but now I'm scared I've wasted my money. Ahh pls tell me it gets easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

The my way of cooking isn't my fav book. Just start with the everyday cook book the stock in it is very simple and dirt cheap and I use it constantly. What about starting with some of the things made at your demo until you get a bit of confidence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    The my way of cooking isn't my fav book. Just start with the everyday cook book the stock in it is very simple and dirt cheap and I use it constantly. What about starting with some of the things made at your demo until you get a bit of confidence?
    I love thai curry so thought I would maybe try to make that but there are soooo many ingredients and like I said I wouldnt even know what section in the supermarket they are all in

My friend is a consultant (bought the thermy through her) so she came over today and we made the veg stock so I was hoping on using it so might make the mushroom risotto instead but yeh just finding it all a bit overwhelming