Closed Thread
Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    jessicajane you should join the forum. Lots of great women on there with recipes and help. I was on there a lot when I first got Thermy. The reviews of recipes in the books is good too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do you take the blades out to clean? My consultant said I'd never have to, but that's crap, my porridge won't come off even after soaking.

I made the chilli con carn last night - DH loved it & it was so easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pesca your consultant should have shown you, and yes you do have to to clean properly for example if you have minced or cooked with meat.

I'll try and explain it,
    Look on page 13 of your instruction manual. I usually hold the knobby bit on the blade piece and tip the jug upside down ,then twist the base, then pull out the blade that I am holding...I put it back together the same way.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 28-06-2012 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    How do you take the blades out to clean? My consultant said I'd never have to, but that's crap, my porridge won't come off even after soaking.

I made the chilli con carn last night - DH loved it & it was so easy.
    She didn't show you how to take it apart? Slack!

That was one of the first things mine showed me, then had me do it. The amount of crap underneath the blades that's hard to get off after you've made something like dough or porridge, I wouldn't think that would come off with the self-cleaning. I have to take to the blades with a bottle brush to get it all off!

I grab the base from underneath the jug handle and twist left. This releases the base. Then you can lift the blades out. Then do the reverse to put it back together. There are little grooves that you line up to put the blades back in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's very easy to take it apart once you know how - your consultant really should have shown you! I do the self clean after everything but I also take the bowl apart after cooking meat just to clean the little bit between the rubber seal and the base of the blades.

Definitely leave your Thermy on the bench if you have the room JessicaJane, you will use it so much more, I second joining the forum. There are so many useful tips, advice and wonderful recipes

Thanks
    Reviews
    she obviously didn't tell you everything!! I was taught how to take it all apart and then I had to do it before she started anything else!
    I recommend having another demo with another lady.. you may find it will help, plus you get to eat more food

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want a thermomix! But we have pretty much decided we will have to wait around another 18 months

Just wondered if it is worth having a demo now so I can be sure about it and gradually save up, or whether I may be pressured into buying one or feel guilty I can't?

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies - just tried and your instructions were perfect

My consultant was terrible, I would honesty have you all peeing your pants with how bad she was. I specifically asked her to take it apart and she refused, I'd never need to!

It just goes to show the power of the thermy, people obviously still buy from her me included!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Made mashed potato, steamed veg and steamed seasoned fish tonight and it was yummy!! I now like my mr whippy iv also joined the forum yum yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm picking up a copy of the Meat on the Menu recipe book today. I've read lots of good reviews about the recipes in it!

JJ, your dinner sounds yum! I've been wanting to try steaming fish in my varoma, was the fish still juicy? Maybe I will pick some nice fillets up today while I'm out an give it a go! What did you season yours with?