Closed Thread
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    For things like grating cheese i think about setting it up and doing it, but then it's just easier and quicker to grab the grater..? Less set up, less clean up... I did have the lady come again but she didn't offer to make anything and to be honest wasn't very helpful, she also put off every single person at my party from buying

Iv made mash potato, was like liquid, made bikkies and burnt them in my silly oven, I made porridge that was good but a pita to clean from the blades, it just seems to take longer than normal cooking. Also I only have the main cookbook it comes with and there's not much that interests me, perhaps I should just preserver and grab some more cook books? maybe make a cocktail in it first off haha!!
    Get meat on the menu.. My fav book.
    Don't give up! Try mash again, we make it all the time, so good!!!
    I wish your demonstrator was better! You have to love thermie to sell him!!
    I use mine about 2-3 times a day and I've had it for almost 2 years.
    I would keep going, totally worth it!!! I even take it on holidays cause I can't live without it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really on holidays? That's dedication!! It can't be as bad as I'm making out then Haha!! Love meat so that sounds good, the demonstrator didn't show me any other books so I'll ask her tomorrow about them. Do you make your own recipes in there? As in chuck in your own random stuff to make a stew etc? Usually I braise the meat and chuck whatever I have veggie wise in with some fresh tomatoes etc etc, can I do that in a thermie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep., my family loves it, so we take it with us!
    I used to be a chef so hated it at first. Now we create our own recipes! It's much easier than it seems.
    I make peanut butter, nuttella, rice milk, butter everything in it
    And main meals most nights. We love the varoma to steam fish, veggies and puddings. Makes great rice too
    Ok., I'll stop now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    set up??

my thermie LIVES on the bench - it never goes away

I 'grated' parmesan, tasty and mozzarella tonight for our pizzas - took 8 seconds for each one (and probaly 5 seconds to chop into squares bt I did that while teh other was grating!)
    - grating cheese is a pet hate of mine - have taken off many a knuckle.

Most things I make wash out well - learnt a new trick with the dough -> once you tip it out - whiz the blades again for a few seconds SO easy to clean!

TBH I fnd it easier to quickly pull apart the base and clean rather than get stuck into it with a brush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah iv been pulling the whole thing apart to clean each time, I'll cool dinner tomorrow night with my own recipe and let you know how I go, hopefully without the cookbook restraints it will be easier.

I feel a little better about mr cooky choppy now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you add flavor to the fish? Isn't it bland just steamed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The cooking night I went to the other night showed us how to make seasoned salt - perfect for fish.

couple of slices of lemon and garlic and a sprig of rosemary toasted in oven.
    Thrown in with some rock salt and blitzed - smelt gorgeous!
    Then she scraped 'most' out but left a little stuck to the bowl and made a cheese patte - that was served with the onion relish.

OMG - *drool*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yum!!! That sounds delicious!! Im going to do that tomorrow night mmm!! Steamed veg and mash, and fish with the seasoning, or I'll do up a sauce in the thermy too, yummo!!

Ooh I think I feel my excitement coming back!! Thank you fiveinthebed!!
    Last edited by missjess86; 27-06-2012 at 23:34.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to missjess86 For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    have fun!!

Do you know if there is any cooking nights around near you?

$15 - but you get a great feed! ...bit of inspiration and chat to other users [ makes it sound like an AA meeting ]

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is, I'll be doing that for sure, who could turn down a therm cook meal? Haha see what I did there, therm/home, haha I crack me up!! :d