Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I did thanks

I'm making the chilli con carne for my DH tonight. What should I serve this with? The recipe just sounds like a big bowl of mince & beans!! Or is that all it's supposed to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Yes I did thanks

I'm making the chilli con carne for my DH tonight. What should I serve this with? The recipe just sounds like a big bowl of mince & beans!! Or is that all it's supposed to be?
    We usually have it with rice Or tortillas crisped up in the oven for dipping!

AQUILAH - the meat cookbook is my most-used, I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine a week ago, I don't like it, I prefer to cook normally and will be selling it, I just feel like I'm not using it enough to warrant 2k I was so excited to get it as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    I got mine a week ago, I don't like it, I prefer to cook normally and will be selling it, I just feel like I'm not using it enough to warrant 2k I was so excited to get it as well
    I've just ordered mine and I am SO worried about this! Are you sure you couldn't get the demo person out again to run you through a few more things? My demo lady stays for 2.5 hours on delivery and makes a few things to get me started.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (27-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A week is such a short time! Have you had any issues we could help with? I second contacting your consultant

7. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Californication  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with Thermy. A week is a very short time to decide you don't like it. What have you made so far? I don't use mine every day, but I do love it. It makes everyday things so much easier - sauces, rice, steamed veg etc plus all the other stuff it can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    I hardly use mine for mains, but to make things like pizza dough, bread dough, yoghurt, béchamel sauce, custard, muffins, dips, etc. it saves so much time. Maybe you need to try some different sorts of things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's a pity. I've had mine for 19 months and I still use it 3+ times a day. Almost all of our main meals are made in there plus lots of snack things. I also use it for things like grating cheese

Thanks
    Reviews
    For things like grating cheese i think about setting it up and doing it, but then it's just easier and quicker to grab the grater..? Less set up, less clean up... I did have the lady come again but she didn't offer to make anything and to be honest wasn't very helpful, she also put off every single person at my party from buying

Iv made mash potato, was like liquid, made bikkies and burnt them in my silly oven, I made porridge that was good but a pita to clean from the blades, it just seems to take longer than normal cooking. Also I only have the main cookbook it comes with and there's not much that interests me, perhaps I should just preserver and grab some more cook books? maybe make a cocktail in it first off haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you need to follow the cook books? I like to make my own meals from scratch and I think that's the problem, I feel like I'm forced to follow instructions when I just want to make my own recipes, if that makes sense?