Closed Thread
Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not quite getting enough use out of mine, hopefully you ladies can inspire me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry55 View Post
    I'm not quite getting enough use out of mine, hopefully you ladies can inspire me!
    For sure!! What did you eat today that wasn't made by your TMX? Have you got a yummy jar or stock in ur freezers for when you need it? What about muffins? Do you have a batch stored in ur freezer for kiddies snack time or playgroup? What about baking a few loaves of bread to also store in ur freezer so you don't need to buy it... What do you like to cook for dinner? We use our TMX for absolutely everything we eat! I just started making things when I was running out of the packet/jar so by the time it had run out I didn't have to buy it I had already made it!! :-D

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Strawberry55  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Me too!

Therms is now on my kitchen bench, veg stock is in the fridge and I promised the children choc custard for desert tonight

*I can haz typos*
    I made pumpkin soup and chocolate custard too tonight! Custard was awesome, but soup very thin/runny. May need to either reduce stock or add more pumpkin next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg made banana blueberry bread. Ate way too much....mmmmm

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've made the vanilla and chocolate custard from the edc and I just don't like it. It tastes a little floury and the vanilla one tasted kinda eggy, they both leave a weird residue in my mouth, anyone else have any other custard recipes?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    I've made the vanilla and chocolate custard from the edc and I just don't like it. It tastes a little floury and the vanilla one tasted kinda eggy, they both leave a weird residue in my mouth, anyone else have any other custard recipes?
    I always google for recipes- eg. custard thermomix. A lot of recipes come from either of the two big forums, but I have also found some great recipes in people's blogs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I google for recipes too. But I love cookbooks, especially ones with pictures, I always manage to find something that inspires me to cook in one of my Thermomix cookbooks. I almost have them all now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    I used cornflour instead of plain and it worked brilliantly. Was silky smooth and tasted fantastic (choc version).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I used cornflour instead of plain and it worked brilliantly. Was silky smooth and tasted fantastic (choc version).
    I realised after I cooked it that I prob should have used cornflour but I didn't read that under the recipe until after I had added the flour. I will try using the cornflour instead, I might give it a whirl tonight! Do you use cocoa powder or real chocolate? I used cocoa powder in mine and it had a nice chocolately flavour, it was just that horrid floury taste that was bad!

So far I have the EDC, Best of our Recipe Communities and the Fast and Easy Indian Cooking recipe books. I am getting Devil of a Cookbook and Full Steam Ahead today. I also want to get Tenina's For Food's Sake soon. There are heaps of nice recipes in the books I have so far.

What are everyone's fave TMX recipe books?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a whole folder of bookmarked recipes from the net and the forums, I need to start printing them out I think!