Closed Thread
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hunk some people (some!) hint you have to love cooking or be some kind of chef to utilize it to its full potential, well you don't lol I just cook normal everyday meals and still use it multiple times a day, today we have had porridge, Ive made bread, we have had hot chocolate and now I'm making dinner (Thai chicken curry with rice) in it, I even made the curry paste in it a few weeks ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So it's rainy and I'm on a health kick = soups!!

Today I made curried cauliflower and sweet potato, it's nice but next time I would use more curry paste and less water. I am also planning to do a curried zucchini soup and creamy sweet potato in the next week or two.

Will find recipes to link...
    Curried cauliflower and kumara soup
    Creamy sweet potato soup
    Curry zucchini soup

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's rainy and I'm on a health kick = soups!!

Today I made curried cauliflower and sweet potato, it's nice but next time I would use more curry paste and less water. I am also planning to do a curried zucchini soup and creamy sweet potato in the next week or two.

Will find recipes to link...
    Curried cauliflower and kumara soup
    Creamy sweet potato soup
    Curry zucchini soup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butter chicken, rice and vegies on our menu! DH is gluten and dairy intolerant.. All my recipes need a tweak! Using lactose free cream in the butter chicken.. Hope it still tastes good!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What sort of mains does everyone cook in their thermie? I use mine loads but mainly for bread, yoghurt, béchamel sauce, etc. I'd like to do more main meals in mine.

I do risotto and carbonara quite a bit and soups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Hi the bowl size is 2L most recipes call for 500g pasta or 500g meat.
    Thanks Thermo! So that doesn't sound like a lot...I would use that amount just for the 2 of us already!! Do ppl find this feeds a whole family?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Thanks Thermo! So that doesn't sound like a lot...I would use that amount just for the 2 of us already!! Do ppl find this feeds a whole family?
    Well we are a family of 4/5 and we eat 500g of meat per meal with leftovers so it does us, I thi it depends how big your portion sizes are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    DF and I eat quite large portions, one curry will feed my 20 month old, my 4 year old, 2 serves for both DF and I and then have about 1 serve of leftovers. It makes HEAPS!! 2L doesn't sound like much, I had my doubts too, but it really is a lot. I remember making my first dinner in it and being shocked at how much it made!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the mains to be big too. When it's just me and my two boys (DH works in the mines), we will often have one dish for two nights and STILL have leftovers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfect, thanks ladies. I always have leftovers too (deliberately) for lunches, so just wanted to be sure I'd still achieve that.

I'm sold now to just order so I can join in this thread soon! Thanks