Closed Thread
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Oh that sounds good! Laksa, I would love to try the kfc thing but we only eat chicken breast, do you think it would work ok?
    I swear I read you post somewhere that you have cooked, or are going to cook, the creamy garlic prawn risotto? Or similar...

Anyyyyways

I made chocolate cake this morning, with ganache. Yummmmm. DF had 3 slices IN A ROW thats how good he says it is.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I swear I read you post somewhere that you have cooked, or are going to cook, the creamy garlic prawn risotto? Or similar...

Anyyyyways

I made chocolate cake this morning, with ganache. Yummmmm. DF had 3 slices IN A ROW thats how good he says it is.
    Nope, not that i remember! Hmmm I do do turf and surf sometimes..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, not that i remember! Hmmm I do do turf and surf sometimes..
    OH NO, I just remembered!! You posted in a meal plan thread (I just stalked you) saying you were making fried rice with prawns..and I was going to ask you what prawns you used so that I could use the same for the creamy garlic prawn risotto!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh that sounds good! Laksa, I would love to try the kfc thing but we only eat chicken breast, do you think it would work ok?
    I used chicken breast and it came out really good. Apparently you can use any sort of chicken to make it. The only difference is, if you use chicken pieces you have to fry it quickly in a frypan and then finish it off in the oven but with the breast pieces you just have to fry them.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OH NO, I just remembered!! You posted in a meal plan thread (I just stalked you) saying you were making fried rice with prawns..and I was going to ask you what prawns you used so that I could use the same for the creamy garlic prawn risotto!!
    Ahh yes I made quirky cookings fried rice and I added precooked prawns...not a good idea they weren't very nice even though I marinaded them, i would def use fresh! I didn't actually like the dish as a whole..but I think it was more because I used brown rice..it was a little too healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I used chicken breast and it came out really good. Apparently you can use any sort of chicken to make it. The only difference is, if you use chicken pieces you have to fry it quickly in a frypan and then finish it off in the oven but with the breast pieces you just have to fry them.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh yes I made quirky cookings fried rice and I added precooked prawns...not a good idea they weren't very nice even though I marinaded them, i would def use fresh! I didn't actually like the dish as a whole..but I think it was more because I used brown rice..it was a little too healthy
    Hmm I'm guessing they were a bit tough? That's what I'm worried about, but I have no idea how to de-shell prawns, let alone raw ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to convince DH to even consider a thermomix (we don't have the money right now, but I'd be willing to save for it), but I literally don't have any friends nearby, so I don't think I could even host a demo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeelyon View Post
    I'm trying to convince DH to even consider a thermomix (we don't have the money right now, but I'd be willing to save for it), but I literally don't have any friends nearby, so I don't think I could even host a demo
    You don't NEED a demo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm I'm guessing they were a bit tough? That's what I'm worried about, but I have no idea how to de-shell prawns, let alone raw ones!
    Yep they sure were! It's easy I'll show you how if you want?