Closed Thread
Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeeee I'm having my thermomix party tonight!

Hopefully I will soon be joining you all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kel87 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I made zucchini muffins today and zucchini slice yesterday. I frigging LOVE my thermie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Carob banana pie tasted awesome but the texture of the carob layer wasn't quite right. I think I added to oil too fast. Next time I'll do that step by hand so I can monitor it a bit closer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK girls I need your help - I hardly use my thermomix

When I bought it I was hoping it would help me cook during the week because we don't usually get home until after 7pm on weeknights. I thought there would be some quick things I could do in the thermomix but I haven't found anything that quick and there always seems to be a lot of mess to clean up. So I've generally been making stuff on weekends that can be kept in the fridge or frozen.

Most of what I make gets the thumbs down from DD (tastes fine to me so I don't think I'm doing anything particularly wrong). She's not usually a fussy eater. Since it's just the two of us I can't really be bothered making stuff that she doesn't eat. Sometimes I force her but I don't have the energy for lots of food battles, particularly when generally she's pretty good. If it can't be frozen most of it ends up going to waste.

I've gone back to buying things like mayo from the supermarket as making a new lot of mayo every week and then only using a tiny amount of it and throwing the rest out seemed wasteful and pointless.

We don't eat dessert very often and I don't really like having lots of cakes and cookies and things in the house as I have a bit of a problem with overeating, and buying the thermomix was supposed to help us eat more healthily so it seems a bit pointless to only use it only for sweet things..!

The things I have made recently that DD has rejected are:
    cheese and bacon scrolls
    foccaccia
    zucchini slice
    orange muffins
    pumpkin soup
    bolognaise (even i didn't like this as it was way too salty)
    chicken & cashews

So... does anyone have any suggestions? What do your kids like? Are there any thermomix recipe books that have quick, healthy, kid-friendly recipes?

Thanks, sorry for the long post

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Risotto
    The creamy salami pasta (I use milk and no salami, blitz the sauce on 9 for 20 sec before adding the pasta I also drop the oil to 20g)
    Do you use your varoma? Maybe a varoma demo would help you, I do mash potato, chicken breasts and veg and it only takes 25 min to cook, fill the basket with diced potato put 1L of water into the bowl, slice chicken breasts in half (so they are thinner) and pop them into the bottom of the varoma, put this on to cook for 25min varoma speed 2-3, put the top varoma try with veggies (I use frozen) at 7 min left. I mash my potatoes by hand as I can't seem to get the mash potato recipe in the everyday cookbook to steam enough so while I am doing that and serving I will sometimes make a white sauce in the thermomix. You cando this with just about any meat and you can do rice or pasta, you just need to adjust cooking times a little bit.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Does she eat fried rice? Andhaveyou looked at the thermomix forum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does she like rice?
    The 'fried' rice and the chicken & cashew on Quirky Cooking are both big hits with my boys
    Like Thermolicious, I also do the creamy pasta without salami and blitz up the sauce so I can hide vegies heheheh

I don't see anything wrong with doing a big cook-up on the weekend and freezing for the week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh another thing boys like is veg lasagna, only takes an hour to make, you could do it on the weekend and just reheat it after work. It's just an onion and a few cloves of garlic saute off add 2 tins of tomato, herbs and a spoon of stock paste for seasoning cook it for 15 min 100oC you could add other veg then blitz it tip it into a jug and make the white sauce out of the everyday cookbook, I use instant lasagna sheets or fresh depending on my mood, takes about 25 min to cook in the oven.

Prep time is about 15 min all up so not to time consuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll definitely give them a go. She does usually like fried rice and pasta, so I'll have to try those.

I have used the varoma a couple of times, but found the chicken went grey and tasted a bit funny.. My consultant was going to come to do the varoma demo but I was just too busy to fit it in with her, she lives over an hour away from me and I felt guilty that she wouldn't get paid for travelling that far...! Also she was always pressuring me to bring friends to the demos, but I don't really have any friends, well not the kind who would come to my house for a demo, so I kind of didn't want to keep disappointing her...

A couple of weeks ago DD asked for pasta, I didn't have many ingredients so I got all experimental and did a sauce with tinned tomatoes, vegies, herbs and a can of beans,cooked and blitzed it in the thermomix and put it with some noodles and DD was like lol, i was like FINE I'll stick to the recipes from now on! I didn't think it tasted that bad, but in the end it took up too much room in the freezer and i knew I wouldn't use it so I just chucked it.

I guess I just need to keep practising so I get quicker at it and know what's going to work...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the thermomix forum the recipe community one? Or are there more?