+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have just moved into a rental and it is in a great location for us. 500m from the school, 20mins (in traffic) for me and my DP to get to work. There are grocery shops, petrol station and a library close.

The only drawback is that we found out that the owners live next door I found this out when she came into my house as her daughter was playing in my DD room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. I wanted to own my own place so I had to move out to a blah suburb half an hour away from everything. I love my house though and it's not forever- I will be able to move closer in a fee years...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I own in my favorite part of Melbourne. Near the beach, 15 mins from the city, yearly festivals and hot spots for restaurants and attractions, but still suburban enough for young children to play on the streets.

I'd just like something bigger.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sort of.
    We moved back to my hometown to afford a place outright, but I miss Melbourne so much (or maybe just my old working life?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We live 25km from Melbourne city, we can afford to rent (which we rate doing) but not buy. We're moving back to Newcastle so we can buy a house & be closer to family.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I ADORE where I live. I love it so much. 10 minute walk to work, 5 minute ride to DP's work, close to parks, shops, good coffee, lots to do, a really diverse area, close (but not too close ) to my mum. In the catchment for one of the best schools in the state. Brilliant. Love it. We *do* live in a flat, and i sometimes think I would prefer a house, with a yard and less noise, but then I realise that our flat is bigger than most of the houses around here, and I would miss having close neighbours. I was playing in the central court area with DS the other day, and about 5 neighbours came out at various times to either watch/talk to us from their balcony, or come and play for awhile. I still can't believe we could afford to buy in this suburb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I thought I wanted to live inner city, but had no hope of buying so have followed DP's dream of living a remote rural area. I LOVE it! It was a bit of a short term experiment, but we will always live rural now.

Love the house and the property, but would like to be part of a younger, more vibrant community. And a bit closer to our families in Melbourne.

But we own outright, and don't want a mortgage, so it won't happen just yet.