+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like we're we are now DH has just started helping out friends who own there own real estate agent in beaumaris (on the side job for now) fixing up houses in the area and selling them hoping to also invest with her in a year.
    And DH has also been asked to buy into a cafe with his current employers all these things to decide on...
    But we're figuring out we're to send DD to school next year then everything else will follow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very pleased with where we live. We live within 15km of the Perth CBD and a very short walk to one of the state's best public schools (which has a primary school, special needs school and day care next door). Our house is a bit smaller than the new ones out in the very outer suburbs, but I can comprise a bit of space for location (and hopefully we can extend one day).

One of the only reasons we got so lucky was that DH bought the house pre-boom in early 2000's. Even after refinancing to pay out ex-wife the mortgage is still reasonable - we probably wouldn't be able to afford it if we tried to buy it at today's prices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We live in the town we want to live in. Bought a house in the part of town we thought we wanted to live in, but have since decided we'd rather live more centrally so are looking to sell up and move in the near future.

If we'd chosen to live in Brisbane (our second option) rather than Townsville then our options of whether we could afford close enough to family and to work would have been a lot less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I love my house and my area... We saved and worked and worked and saved for years to get what we wanted. I do feel lucky though - my children will have a lovely home to grow up in and we bought it with the cash we saved so we don't have financial stress because of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In this city, we rent in the suburb that we like the best - it's a great suburb. That's another reason we rent (following on from your other thread, Buttoneska), we could never afford to buy in this area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's lovely to hear how happy everyone is with where they live!

We LOVE where we are. We've got the forrest at the end of our road that we go walking through every day. I couldn't think of a better life. Our house is very old and needs work, but we don't care that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we are.

Where we live now (renting) we are close to shops, market, small shopping centre, supermarket, doctors, and DS' daycare within 4 bus stops or we could actually do 20 mins walk there.

We also own a house in brisbane in perfect location, nice house and lovely neighbourhood, green, leafy and quiet.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, the town I live in is Idyllic! Has everything we need yet a small population.

30 minutes to a really good swimming beach

1.5hrs to the city.

Quiet, low crime etc.

The ooonnlllyyyy thing I'd change is if we had more land!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I like where i am but i don't love it. Unfortunately we are restricted with where we can live due to DH's work.
    This ^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. I grew up in the suburbs of melbourne but there is no way I can afford to live anywhere decent there as a single sahm to 3 kids. I had to move to bendigo. Much cheaper and nice for the kids. But not where i would choose to live if money wasnt an issue.