+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I rent in my favourite suburb, I would LOVE to own a house here! Unfortunately the median house price is $895,000 so for now I will just keep dreaming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This suburb wasn't our first pick, its just over the 'boundaries' I'd set for where we'd buy. Now however, I am SO glad we live here, I love this suburb so so much. We probably need a bigger house very soon, and will look in the same area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We own our home and live 10k from the city and 1k from the beach. We do love the area but it's not our dream area...that's the next suburb over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I make the sacrifice of paying lots of rent to live exactly where I want to in the city. I love my area. I also compromise on an apartment, but it just makes so much sense right now.

However, like others I'd like to buy one day. Unless something drastically changes in my life/income, that won't happen here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We own in the suburb we absolutely adore. It was everything we wanted, and we fell in love the moment we drove through it.
    It's a good 30-45 min drive to the city which is fine by us, the further away the less busy. We have new schools being built around us. We have lots of shops. We are close to the beach. We have PLENTY of little parks around us. Very family friendly area with a lot of young families.

We hate the house though. Looking to move ASAP, just need to weigh up our options - sell rent and build, or sell and buy, or build then sell. We will definitely stay in the area though!

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We rent in the region we love but will be moving to the other side when this lease is up in July. Median house price is $850k so no buying for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I have thought about often because I grew up in Mel but have moved to the country - and I absolutely love, love, love it and hope I never have to move from here. It's my dream location!! Aside from moving a bit closer to the beach and into a nice house the area is awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.

But, I think what the hell would I do if I did want to live in Mel (or god forbit Sydney or Perth?!?!). I couldn't afford to live in the area I wanted to live in. I would have move to the outter burbs for a house or get a really small apartment closer to in. I could not afford a house within 15km of city thats for sure.

At most I could probably afford to rent and I think I would be tempted to pick that over the outer burbs.

Anyway, I end up like thinking about it and in the end I just thank my lucky stars I like living somewhere affordable.
    Yes me too! I grew up in the country on a dairy farm then my dad retired due to an injury so we moved into a small town. Then when I met dh he lived in the city of Perth. We bought our first house in a suburb we could afford but knew we wouldn't be there forever even though we loved our quarter acre block with our little old house. Then he was transfered to the Kimberley's with his job and we just knew that's where we wanted to live forever, when he got transfered back to the city after his 3yr posting we moved back into our little old house but were never happy living back in the city and we visited the Kimberley's a few times a year, we bought a property then a few years later bought another house and then I finally got a transfer back with my job, we have now been back for 4yrs and know we will never leave the great north again. We sold our little old house in the city which we made hundreds of thousands of dollars on. We have great friends here which is another thing that brought us back, we have city friends as well but somehow we are much closer to our country friends. We actually can't wait to get home after only being in the city after a few days, the pollution, the traffic lights, the traffic, takes forever to get anywhere and costs a fortune wherever you go. We both make more money working in the country and we don't spend much money but we don't go without either, guess the tempation to spend isn't there like it is in the city. It takes me 2 mins to get to work, if there's an emergency at daycare or school we are right here, no 45min to and from driving to work like I had to in the city. We love the outdoors, fishing, camping, exploring the great outdoors and it's the only environment we want our kids brought up in. We spend alot of time outdoors, our kids aren't stuck inside. We have great weather all year round, even when it's pouring with rain it's still warm, we never get winter. We take our kids everywhere with us, rarely do they get babysat because it's such a child freiendly place. We are just about to build our dream home. Yay for the country life!!! For us it's the perfect life!
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 25-01-2012 at 15:25.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We own in a great suburb that we love but it's a pretty small two bed townhouse. We will need to move at least by the time bubs is 1 year old. The suburbs we are looking to move to are more family oriented than where we are now as closer to our friends. It's about the same cost as our current suburb but the house will be about $300k more than the one we currently own!! We will get an extra bedroom and hopefully and second bath for that though.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't mind where I rent but it is mostly due to affordability - a huge two storey house here is between $400-$480 a week. A regular house is about $320-$350. This suburb was my favourite out of all of the cheaper suburbs, but it is a bit out of town. It's very family orientated and there is a lot to do around here.

The suburb i'm moving to next is more expensive, but I like the area more. It will mean having to downgrade to a smaller, maybe crappier house, but I don't mind I won't be able to afford to buy there though.

As for the actual town - I love living in Bris!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love where we live now and where we are moving to in a month or two. I secretly love where we live now a bit more, but I love our new house and suburb almost as much

It's a lot of money, but it's proximity means DH can spend as much time as possible at home with us and DD and I have access to everything the city offers.