+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **another spin off** are you lucky enough to be able to live/rent/own where you love?

I have thought about often because I grew up in Mel but have moved to the country - and I absolutely love, love, love it and hope I never have to move from here. It's my dream location!! Aside from moving a bit closer to the beach and into a nice house the area is awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.

But, I think what the hell would I do if I did want to live in Mel (or god forbit Sydney or Perth?!?!). I couldn't afford to live in the area I wanted to live in. I would have move to the outter burbs for a house or get a really small apartment closer to in. I could not afford a house within 15km of city thats for sure.

At most I could probably afford to rent and I think I would be tempted to pick that over the outer burbs.

Anyway, I end up like thinking about it and in the end I just thank my lucky stars I like living somewhere affordable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh god no. We get told where we will be living and we move there. Our last 4 rentals we picked over the internet in random suburbs in cities we have never even been before.

We bought our perfect house in the perfect location though, so soon we shall be living exactly where we want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I live in the suburbs of a city (not a capital city) that I love! I also rent a house that I wanted to buy so feel very lucky there...basically it went on the market three years ago, I had a look at it, fell in love with it but then found out I was pg with no. 3 so no going back to work for a while. 12 months later the people who did buy it got re-located for work and we were looking for a rental and got it. We've lived here 2 years now and we absolutely love it but we're also going to see if we can get a home loan again and we'll see where that leads us...the suburbs we'd really love to live in come with very expensive price tags but there are other suburbs we will very happily settle in too.

We're looking forward to owning our own house again and living here we realised we'd never have bought it so got the best of both worlds really (get to enjoy without worrying about the repairs that need to be done).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I live very close to the city. Don't love it but don't hate it. Would prefer to live semi-country which would suite my & DP's personality more but we both work in the city so here we stay for at least the next couple of years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live in the suburb I want to live in I also love the house we're renting as it's everything I dreamed of after having to live in the worlds worst townhouse for 2 years LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like where i am but i don't love it. Unfortunately we are restricted with where we can live due to DH's work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the suburb I am in. But hate my house!! It was all we could afford when we bought but now there are so many nicer houses in our area for cheaper!!! But we can't sell for what we paid so we are locked in but one day we will get our reno's done and I will love my house too

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love my suburb - would like a different house

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (23-01-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I rent in a suburb where I would love to buy a house, I would love to be able to buy the house we are in now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i am renting in a beautiful suburb, where i grew up.
    the median house price here is $800k so its a pretty hard area to
    buy in.

we are so damn lucky thanks to dh and my gran, that we are thinking of
    buying our house outright.