+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

This is the first time I have posted... Reading your entries I thought I should add my experiences so far..
    I had my fist IVF cycle in NOV 2011 with apparently no fertility problems other than ttc for over 12 months and just turning 36. I had the shock of my life when my 9 follicles at EPU only resulted in one egg. Apparently the egg 'looked very good' but ended in BfN.

My fs told me I probably wasn't releasing many eggs each year and that was the reason I wasn't pregnant. I needed more answers! I asked why would this happen, no family history.. (My sister has two DD through IVF at 41 and 44 with her own eggs).

I was tested for Fragile X which was the most stressful thing I have ever been through, but other than that my FS suggested I try a flare cycle and failed to do any further tests or exploratory work.
    On day 2 of my next ivf cycle I asked the FN to add AMH to my bt. It came back as 2.1. I was absolutely devastated and learning this in the middle of a cycle was very bad timing. I couldn't wait for the cycle to end and change clinics. I found my original doctors to use a trial and error approach with each cycle instead of completing full baseline tests prior to IVF, and why am I asking for the tests!!??

I have since moved to my sisters FS (rumoured that if anyone can get you pregnant she can!) and have learnt a number of significant problems that my low amh is associated with. I am now in the middle of a 3 month break with raw herbs, DHEA, weekly acupuncture, organic food, low sugar diet, booked for laproscopy and a whole lot more positive energy. I have 2 embryos on ice ( they are being moved to my new clinic) and I hope hope hope that 3 months of preparation and investigation will move closer to a bfp. At least i feel i am doing my best to give the FT every chance.
    My advice to everyone with low amh or failed ivf cycles is find out why! It's not normal to have low AMH and there can be other reasons affecting your fertility that lead to the low result. My only regret is that I didn't read more about fertility before I started this journey. And being a nurse I'm surprised at myself! I'm very glad I sought a second opinion and didn't waste any more time with doctors who need prompting to investigate. With low AMH the last thing we have is time to slowly figure out why we are not getting a BFP.

My best wishes to everyone in their journey
    Last edited by Beta; 05-02-2012 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=babywishes4me;6330114]Hi All,

Nicsta - Like you i am really devasted aswell about the results. I'm just angry at my FS for not testing for this earlier. I was the one that actually suggested testing for it as my FS said that they dont usually test for this on younger patients. I wish they tested early so it hasnt caused me the heart aches of my last 2 EPU results. Its great you are researching about this. I think if you think something is going to help definetly ask your FS. I hope your 1st IVF gives you great results..
    Babywishes4me, I completely agree! Reading your post led me to post myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi beta, after reading your story it makes me realise how much more i should of researched, i have not been confident with my doc from start but went ahead anyway, i feel im getting no answers, My ebbie is going back in tomoz but if i doesnt work im changing to someonelse that ive been recommended to.

All the womaen seem to know so much about there reasons and i dont know much at all, i know my amh is low but have no idea what it is, i knew nothing about dhea either, i feel they just want $$$$$$$ from me first and then we will test you when all else fails.

Its sad i feel like that but they are a business at the end of the day, it just strikes me that so many women are in need of ivf these days, in years gone by this wasnt the case and u still dont see many women that are childless, Thanx for your post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hubba
    Best of luck with your transfer. You're right though, IVF is a business and knowing the healthcare system it's a bit like any service some people are more passionate and skilled than others. IVF is so stressful without having distrust in the system. I finally feel i can relax with my new doctor and although I need to know everything and every rationale I finally feel I can relax and let her take over. Finding the right doctor is half the battle I think. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

hubba  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babywishes, just thought id try and give u more hope, out of the 5 eggs, the one that fertilized is back safe inside so fingers crossed, its gonna be a long 2 week wait but i also fould out my amh is about the same of yours, i will keep you posted to try and give u more hope, just remember it might be a long journey and take a couple of go's but we are young which hopefully helps a little more, hope your not to down

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10.2 AMH at 19

Hi all.

It's sad that any of us have anything to contribute to this conversation but glad to know I'm not completely alone even though I'm a bit younger.

I'm 21 now but was tested at 19 to evaluate my AMH levels after some unexplained ongoing symptoms including hot flashes. My level was at 10.2 and he said it should have been around 26. Not nice to hear.

I'm refusing to let this push me into attempting to conceive earlier than I would have without knowing (so far). I'm determined to discard the contraception when it's time and hope for the best otherwise look into adoption. I admire your courage in using modern advances to help you conceive. I just don't think I'd have the strength to deal with the stress.

I had hoped, (but not investigated for fear) that the presence of the depo ralovera (pill needle) in my system was the only cause of a unwanted reading but finally investigated and have had to accept today that there was no mistake. So struggling a little at the moment.

However I have good news for you..

In my research I read that not only do people conceive whilst showing very little or immeasurable amounts of AMH.....some women who have actually gone through menopause early have randomly, conceived even after their periods have long gone.

Stay positive! Stay strong! Even though it doesn't feel like it...you do have time. Keep doing what you're doing but....Don't watch the 'clock', stress will only make things more difficult.

All the best ladies. <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm not young (just turned 44) and I started ivf 2 years ago. My amh at the time was 1. I did 4 icsi cycles in all and was getting anything between 4 and 8 eggs each cycle. On my last cycle (which was going up be my last one) I only managed to produce one egg). However I got pregnant with that one egg and now I'm 35 weeks and awaiting to meet my little girl in 4 weeks. I never took any supplements. So if this oldie can do it then you young ladies certainly can, with lower egg supplies it may take a bit more time and effort but its definitely possible. Just need to find that good one. Best of luck to you all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations are in order then! I hope your labour goes as smoothly as possible!
    Such a good story to hear. Real encouragement for anyone who's struggling right now and I'll definitely not forget when it comes time for me to try.

Enjoy your last few weeks of sleep ins..! lol. That is, if you aren't being woken up by bubs already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsbaby View Post
    Hi, I'm not young (just turned 44) and I started ivf 2 years ago. My amh at the time was 1. I did 4 icsi cycles in all and was getting anything between 4 and 8 eggs each cycle. On my last cycle (which was going up be my last one) I only managed to produce one egg). However I got pregnant with that one egg and now I'm 35 weeks and awaiting to meet my little girl in 4 weeks. I never took any supplements. So if this oldie can do it then you young ladies certainly can, with lower egg supplies it may take a bit more time and effort but its definitely possible. Just need to find that good one. Best of luck to you all
    Impressive! Thanks for the optimism!