+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We know both, probably more owners than renters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know anyone who rents!!!

All my friends own houses but we fi live in the country so whether that makes a difference?!

But the median house price is around 350k mark so not cheap, cheap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We know more renters then buyers, the owners we know are usually older relatives, the majority of our friends are renters, perhaps that is because we are still fairly young. Not many people I know own there own homes at 23 - good on those that do though, I wish I did We have our 5yr plan in place though, so hopefully I will be joining the"buyers" club soon

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    We know more renters then buyers, the owners we know are usually older relatives, the majority of our friends are renters, perhaps that is because we are still fairly young. Not many people I know own there own homes at 23 - good on those that do though, I wish I did We have our 5yr plan in place though, so hopefully I will be joining the"buyers" club soon
    Yeh same here. I don't htink anyone I know (including myself) had house before 25. We brough ours when I was 26 I think (dh was 24)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We know mainly renters. In an area where a 2 bedroom, poky, run down, 30-year-old unit is selling for $450k, I'm not surprised.

We have enough money for a deposit but honestly, I just can't justify spending all of that money on a heap of cr@p!

I'd prefer to wait until we move to our 'forever' location (wherever that might be!) and buy there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mostly owners....we were the last to buy out of my close friends--mainly cause they were all in Adelaide & we were in Sydney or Melbourne for the past 10 years & couldn't afford to buy in the areas I wanted to live in while there! We're back in Adelaide again now & finally have afforded to buy

my younger siblings still rent though-but they are in early 20's & as PP have said, not many ppl under 25 can afford to buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even split between all my family and friends. Some have been mortgaged and didn't like it and went back to renting. Some own a few houses. Some plan on never owning.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know both
    A lot of the kids in my classes have now started building their houses (they are all highschool sweethearts) after having worked and 'lived' their lives for the past 5 or so years. Now they are settling down and they mostly seem to be building.
    Then there are the ones who have left home, and have rented, still kind of living their lives before settling down and committing.
    Then still quite a high amount of those still living at home while studying and finding their directions.

It kind of seems to be a stage-of-life thing for me/us at the moment, rather than wealth.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost equal amount of both, some of our friends/family rent, some of our friends/family own...some of our friends/family board, live in public housing etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh and I always said we would never rent and we haven't. We owned 2 properties but sold one and have a mortgage for our 3rd property we live in. All our friends and family own their homes. Don't know many people that rent.