+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Share your favourite wieghtloss meals & snacks

I could do with a bit of inspiration for meal planning on my (very slow) weight loss journey.

I thought we might share our favourite weightloss / healthy / "diet" meals, the staples that are easy to make, fairly cheap, and tasty to boot!!!

My fave atm is cottage cheese + cherry tomatoes + 6 olives mixed together, and eaten with ryvita. Yum.
    Anther favourite lunch is avocado & cheese toasties
    For brekkie I have a small bowl of muesli with natural yoghurt.

So what's your favourite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here's a few snack/lunch ideas

Snacks - matchstick celery,carrot,cucumber&capsicum with homemade hommus. Cottage cheese with baby spinach, slice tomato & avocado on rice/corn cakes or cruskits

Lunches - Aloha rolls (wholemeal breadroll, grated light cheese, pineapple, lettuce & ham) Ceaser wraps (rindless bacon, 100% fatfree mayo, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, shredded chicken, parmesan, lettuce on wholemeal lavish wrap) Chicken and coleslaw sandwiches (shredded cabbage, grated carrot, green onion 100%ff mayo, lamon juice, lettuce, shaved chicken on multigrain bread) Tuna, celery & mayo sandwiches (tuna, 100%ff mayo, celery, parsley, lettuce on multi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fav atm esp after a workout is 1/2 cup greek yogurt ( make sure its no fat or low fat!!!!) a teaspoon of dark agrave nectar (can use natural honey) a sliced banana & optional sml handful of walnuts.
    Alot sweeter than I thought so it satisfies my swt tooth while giving me the protein & fibre I need ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of my faves atm include popcorn, half nofat yoghurt/half no kj jelly - yummy sweet snack!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of the Forme yoghurts.

Strawberries, Blueberries (on their own, with yoghurt, or in smoothies made with yogurt above and non fat milk).

Light cheese, cut into cubes with gherkin or 97% fat free ham.

Celery sticks or cucumber sticks with hummus.

Skinny Cow Ice Creams (everything but the cookies, they're too high in carbs).

Vegie stir fries or chicken stir fries, steamed fish with veg or salad, stuffed mushrooms with melted low fat cheese, baked skinless chicken breast stuffed with garlic and herbs or vegies, yummy salads etc, lean beef with salad or veg. Condiments are usually mustard, SMALL serving of sweet chilli sauce, pepper, garlic, ginger, etc etc.

Drinks, loads of water...1 or 2 glasses of Pepsi Max per day. Coffee or tea I have natural sweeter and non fat milk.

I eat like this and exercise most days and the weight is falling off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to have the Forme yogurts until I found out they are higher in total sugar (not just added) and I was better of just eating regular full fat yogurt!