+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zultbear View Post
    Girl X - The TTC threads are just that. To support the TTC'ers. We all join the TTC treads to get support in this rollercoaster. The ups and downs etc...

We join the "testing" groups for that purpose and I love it when someone gets a BFP and I go back to see who got their BFP and check out their HPT pic. It means that we've all supported each other and we can celebrate their success or send our sympathies if its a sucky BFN.

But it's when the BFP's come back and start updating on all their pregnancy symptoms, scans etc... that gets a bit hard to take at times. Especially if you've been trying for a long time or have just suffered a MC.

The what ifs and the why me's set in.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, makes perfect sense. I agree that it's insensitive for someone to keep talking about their pregnancy in the TTC threads.

My confusion came because I thought people were saying that people shouldn't post about their BFPs at all in those threads.

I was thinking, well... I'm in a few of these threads, and as we're all trying to get pregnant then I would love to hear from someone in my thread who 'made it'! I'd hate for them to think that they couldn't tell anyone that they'd got a BFP, and just disappeared from a thread where they had got to know people and been supporting others.

I think I get what you mean though. Sounds as if people are saying that announcing the BFP is okay, but going on about the pregnancy after that is not okay - which makes absolute sense!

Sorry to go off on a tangent with this one. I'm obviously having a bit of a duhhh day...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    That is TERRIBLE.

Some people really don't think about what they are saying. Seriously.
    Yeah it's a pretty inconsiderate thing to say. Not to worry - nothing sneaking off to the bathroom for a quick cry didn't fix!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries Girl X

I think it's hard to type what we want to say

I get what your saying though. It would be really wrong of us not to aknoweledge those lucky enough to get that elusive BFP. I would feel extremely offended if I couldn't announce my BFP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Yeah it's a pretty inconsiderate thing to say. Not to worry - nothing sneaking off to the bathroom for a quick cry didn't fix!
    I wonder if they'd re-think their words if they saw our tears?

When people say to me 'so, why haven't you started your family?!', I say 'actually, I've just had a miscarriage'. I had a friend who was trying for 8 years, would say to them 'I'd love a baby but we've been trying and it isn't happening'. Makes it awkward but people need to learn to shush!!!!

Well said Zultbear!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agreed, I'd tell them and make them feel awkward. Otherwise they'd be living in blissful ignorance while you're crying your eyes out, and that's not fair when you're already going through enough.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I wonder if they'd re-think their words if they saw our tears?

When people say to me 'so, why haven't you started your family?!', I say 'actually, I've just had a miscarriage'. I had a friend who was trying for 8 years, would say to them 'I'd love a baby but we've been trying and it isn't happening'. Makes it awkward but people need to learn to shush!!!!

Well said Zultbear!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonstoneMare View Post
    Agreed, I'd tell them and make them feel awkward. Otherwise they'd be living in blissful ignorance while you're crying your eyes out, and that's not fair when you're already going through enough.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub
    Thanks ladies. It was a Facebook post, and it is her big day to share her big news, so I don't feel right raining on her parade.

She's very religious, and I'm positive she didn't mean it the way it sounds ... It's just unfortunate that she obviously didn't realize what an inconsiderate thing that was to say.

Thanks for the sentiment though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those women who have multiple children to all different men for the child support and try to prevent the father having any custody for the fear of losing money!! I know one of those B!@#%es too. Sucks even more when you have been trying for 13 months for #1 and she is up to #4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst bit is, the child support doesn't go towards the children, it goes towards her drinking habit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every.Single.Thing you have all mentioned!!

The "Timed" s*x... It really isnt as passionate as spontaneous DTD.. Starts to seem like a chore

Not up for DTD any time when Im not day 10-20 (am on clomid)

Feeling like poop because its *my* fault we havent conceived (PCOS)

EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY asking when we are planing on having children/are you pregnant/ are you ttc? Why is it so important to YOU (ie every person?!) IT WILL NOT EFFECT YOU IN ANY TEENY TINY WAY so why do you need to know?!!

Getting upset all the time as being a mother was what I was born to do

Cant believe that I am getting upset now, after reading the whole thread, agreeing with it and thinking I was tough.. Now starting to cry..

Damn Hormones?!! only 2 more days of clomid....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlefamily For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (25-01-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not TTC yet but I am planning to soon and what I hate is that the ONLY person who knows DP and I will be trying later this year keeps saying "you know you probably won't get pregnant for a while...it'll cost you heaps...pregnancy is hard".

Ummm thanks. Aware we may not conceive straightaway but as its going to cost us $2k per shot, some positive vibes would be great. And yes, aware it'll cost. That's why we can't start now as we'd like to...but thanks again for stating the fvcking obvious. Oh, pregnancy is hard? No sh!t. But- You've never even been pregnant, so shut the fvck up!

Ah I feel better.