+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Thank you so much for sharing, everyone. I'm crying while reading this, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I started this thread because it struck me that even though we've only just started TTC, I'm 29 and I remember being jealous when I was 22 and my SIL was pregnant with my nephew. Even though we haven't been "trying" up till now, I was still crushed every month when AF arrived. I totally relate to the fear thing. I want a baby so badly and I've always felt like it's not going to happen for me for some reason.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zultbear View Post
    Cotton Candy - I'm not a big fan of the success stories either. That's terrific they got a BFP and a big contgrats to them but I don't need the details to follow that's what the "Due" threads are for.
    Sorry to go off on a little tangent, but I just wanted to ask the people who don't like it when others post BFPs in TTC threads - are you meaning that you don't like them saying they've had a BFP, or are you saying that some people keep posting in those threads after they've said it (e.g., talking about their pregnancies, etc.)?

I'm only asking as if it was the first (posting to say they have had a BFP), then I don't see what the alternative would be...? If they never announced it then there would be all these people mysteriously disappearing from TTC threads... And some of those people kind of make friends with others going through it too, so I would have thought that in those cases people might want to know if someone they've been supporting for a long time has got pregnant? Not trying to be funny about it - just trying to understand.

If it's the latter then I do understand! That sounds a bit odd to keep talking about your pregnancy in a TTC thread - and a bit insensitive too!

for everyone in this thread. I'm agreeing with almost everything. I'll even add a few more...

Continually starting sentences with "Well, if I'm pregnant then - " (insert 'we can't do X' or 'we can do X')

Waking up one morning and deciding that I definitely am pregnant. Then waking up the next, and for no reason at all, feeling convinced that there is no way I am. Repeat.

Stockpiling everything DD ever owned (clothes, toys, etc.) in case we need it for a future baby. Wondering if we will end up giving it away.

Designing adjoining rooms/ bathroom for DD + possible sibling in a new house, and wondering if that will be the most heartbreaking thing ever to have a room built for a baby that may never appear.

DH's conviction that it will happen, and the fear of letting him down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Friends announcing their pregnancy along with the sentiment that; "God blesses those who are deserving".

You know what else you deserve right now ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those that 'accidentally' get pregnant and then complain that theyre too fat or ms is just so bad (being put off food or chucking once a week) or i cant drink and have fun.... GRRRR..... Give me all those pg symptoms ten times over just to be able to hold my own precious little baby sorry today is a bad day!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Edi86 For This Useful Post:

Nic86  (24-01-2012)

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    having to be nice to pregnant customers and customers with babies. i don't want to be nice to them, i want to hurt them for having what i want! bah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Friends announcing their pregnancy along with the sentiment that; "God blesses those who are deserving".

You know what else you deserve right now ...
    That is TERRIBLE.

Some people really don't think about what they are saying. Seriously.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Sorry to go off on a little tangent, but I just wanted to ask the people who don't like it when others post BFPs in TTC threads - are you meaning that you don't like them saying they've had a BFP, or are you saying that some people keep posting in those threads after they've said it (e.g., talking about their pregnancies, etc.)?

I'm only asking as if it was the first (posting to say they have had a BFP), then I don't see what the alternative would be...? If they never announced it then there would be all these people mysteriously disappearing from TTC threads... And some of those people kind of make friends with others going through it too, so I would have thought that in those cases people might want to know if someone they've been supporting for a long time has got pregnant? Not trying to be funny about it - just trying to understand.

If it's the latter then I do understand! That sounds a bit odd to keep talking about your pregnancy in a TTC thread - and a bit insensitive too!
    I more meant those who haven't been around for ages and come back to tell of their DS or DD and how 'it will happen'. I know that it's positive for some to hear success stories but if it's just in a general chat thread (ie rather than one asking specific questions about issues etc) then I feel the same as I would if I had a friend IRL telling me 'it will happen, don't stress!' but maybe that's just me

I love seeing when people get their BFPs!!! I definitely agree that that is part of a TTC thread. I often subscribe and check back in just to see if people have tested hehe... I get caught up in the anticipation of POAS as if it is me (well, almost!) and feel sad when it's a BFN- especially when I am on the 'boring' side of O!

I haven't seen much of people hanging around after getting a BFP to talk pregnancy- but agree that would be a little insensitive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definately can relate to all of the above.

Also preparing to be shot down but when people get their BFP straight off the pill or in the first month or two. Irrational I know but it feels liek they haven't done their time. I know I have a beautiful son and it 'only' took 6months last time, which felt like forever. Now it is 12months this month of TTC and the age gap just keeps getting bigger.

I also hate the hormones which make you completely irrational and homicidal - but hopefully getting that sorted this month.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Luey - meant to say thanks to the post above for answering my question, but the silly app puts thanks and quotes on the wrong person! But I do agree with your point too - when it happens so quickly for some it can seem really unfair.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girl X - The TTC threads are just that. To support the TTC'ers. We all join the TTC treads to get support in this rollercoaster. The ups and downs etc...

We join the "testing" groups for that purpose and I love it when someone gets a BFP and I go back to see who got their BFP and check out their HPT pic. It means that we've all supported each other and we can celebrate their success or send our sympathies if its a sucky BFN.

But it's when the BFP's come back and start updating on all their pregnancy symptoms, scans etc... that gets a bit hard to take at times. Especially if you've been trying for a long time or have just suffered a MC.

The what ifs and the why me's set in.

Does that make sense?