+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anti-depressants for PMS

HAs anyone tried this? This is a recognised therapy for 'incapacitating PMS'. We are TTC and I am at the point where I have been considering going back on contraception as I feel that bad. I ahve tried herbal concoctions and they do take a bit of the edge off but am still not 'normal'. HAlf the month I am fine, last half of the month, OMG. Teary, irrational, irritable etc etc.

Basically you take Sertraline? (SSRI) from cycle day 14 - your period starting again.

I have had PND/ depression/anxiety in the past and was on medication. I have been off my meds for about 9months. It had got to the point where I was considering going back on them but I really only need them half the month, so this could work.

Just wondering if other people have found it effective?

Obviously if I am pregnant medication will be stopped

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, luey.

I don't have much personal experience with severe PMS but I though you might find this thread useful: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...79-PMDD-anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks so much mum in mind. Looks great. Will have a read.