+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have it to DS because theatres what everyone said to do and I thought that was the done thing.
    He had it a few times but I quickly began to offer vegies and we moved onto blw.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I made my own rice cereal and dd hated it.
    We started with veggies and fruits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I tried it once with DD. she spat it everywhere so we never did that again!!

We did banana, stewed apples, stuff like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 6 month old DD has just started BBL with chunks of avocado, banana, steamed sweet potato and apple. Hasnt had a spoon touch her lips yet nor any rice cereal *not that I have a problem with spoons! Ill just use them when needed like when she starts natural yogurt or porridge.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So what type of cereals will they have? As they get older I mean. See, I had no forums when mine was a baby, read no books, had no trust in my formula-pushing CHN, so just worked it out myself. She had pretty much what I had which included puree food, mash, soup, all of which required a spoon but she handled a spoon well by about 10 months. She was having rice and pasta too and was given a spoon or baby fork to eat it with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We did BLW and started with sweet potato, avocado and broccoli , I make my own cereal which he has had from 7 months, basically just puffed quinoa or spelt puffs with either pear or banana with his formula , a lot healthier and more nutritious than packet rice cereal!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

northern  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought packet with each, but neither were ever interested, never finished it. I used the rafferties organic one. I think it was multigrain or something...

I guess people use it because it is pretty low on the
    'allergen' scale, and if you mix it with BM it's just like thick breast milk. And also because most of us have our mums and Nanas and aunties badgering us to 'give the poor child some farex'.

I started with avocado. What other food comes perfectly ready to eat and in its own steralised bowl? Best fast food available. We still have an avocado sometimes if we are out at the shops and hungry.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Avocado as a first food in this house

I have tried rice cereal, I imagine it's what wallpaper glue would taste like. Probably the same nutritional value too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS tried it twice. He hated it. I tasted it and figured I wouldn't eat it so I wasn't going to feed it to my son. Straight to finger food after that which he loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, DD had it once, screwed up her face, I tried it, spat it out and we changed to fruit the next day haha.

BLW wasn't really heard of when I had DD so I did what I thought was the done thing, but after I discovered how bland it was I was not surprised she wasn't interested but she would scoff her fruit down.

As for other cereals, we eventually started giving weetbix with fruit and/or honey for breakfast and she will still have that now at almost 9.