+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pregnor! =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am seeing Dr Nichols at SJOG Murdoch, he is really nice. He shares his rooms with Dr McKenna. You could contact them to see if they do high risk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I highly recommend Dr Helen Clarke at SJOG subi. We had her for the last two bubs and will be having her for the third. I had a very very difficult delivery first time (forceps) and she was excellent! she is all about the mum!! very up front and straight forward! At first I wasn't sure as she seemed quite blunt etc but I am so glad that we had her, she gets better each time! Also she visits you everyday in hospital and is concerned with how you are going with feeding etc too. We had an emergency situation with my first and she had him out so quick!! and was just so calm (even though the midwives were panicking!). We also needed the special care nursery with number 2 and the nurses there were great! I actually preferred the ones there to the ones on the ward!
    good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Dr Adam Gubbay for both of our children, and we'll definitely go back to him if we have any more children. He is lovely and is very professional. I highly recommend him (have to get in early though).

My SIL went to Helen Clarke, and she liked her a lot. Not sure if she'd go back to her or not as she says she doesn't want more children. I'm assuming she would go back to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually found my public sector experience to be very negative. As have many friends, including one who was traumatised as the hospital sent her husband home, then denied her pain relief as 'it's labour, did you think it would be easy?'

I found the midwives and post birth support at SJOG AMAZING! Paeds who check for tongue ties, help with breastfeeding and consistent advice.

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not recommend Adam Gubbay and will not be using him for my next delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    I would not recommend Adam Gubbay and will not be using him for my next delivery.
    Oh dear! What happened?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You dont have to be induced if private - it is your choice. At least you can count on having an experienced obstetrician present when it matters - not a junior doctor who is still racking up experience on your birth. I got the birth I wanted at a private hospital, baby was a week late, no epidural, little bit of gas. Got to be in positions I wanted and then got my own room to recover in quiet and hubby slept in same bed. Also had great paed and lactation consultant and didnt have to wait ages for antenatal checks like I would have to in the antenatal midwives clinic. Im going private again this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    House of fun - which hosp did you go too? thanks for everyones comments! We will be going private has DH work pays for our private health and its top level so i think why not! free for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prissy View Post
    House of fun - which hosp did you go too? thanks for everyones comments! We will be going private has DH work pays for our private health and its top level so i think why not! free for us!
    only the hospital is covered, you will generally be out at least 2k in obstetrician fees prior to the birth. I found it worth every cent though

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**