+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Will I regret it??

I have 2 amazing little girls 2 & 4 ... and I am so happy with the stage they are at now & it is getting easier & easier for me by the day as they are starting to bond & play nicely together!

However... as much as I dont want to go through pregnancy again, labour & the whole newborn stage something keeps bugging me that maybe I should have one more!! I am so happy with the 2, and look at the future and know that 2 will suit us in what we want to do ( me going back to work & travel) however i cant shake this feeling as I have 3 other siblings and come from a large family & feel that I am letting my girls down by not giving them another sibling!!

My husband is completely happy with the 2 and does not anymore, and I am quite content at the moment but as i said just dont know if i am making the right decision & dont want to regret it when its too late!

Any advice ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have any doubts at all you are not done, I never understood how people said you just know you are complete, but after I had my last bub 2 years ago I got it

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree with the pp

i have also been told that in 20 years time you may look back and regret not having another one but if you do have another bub you will never regret it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only wanted 2...but back of my mind wanted 3...when I found about suprise no 3 i bawled my eyes out so much hugged my kids an then cried some more. Hubby got home and I told him and he was ecsatic and said " you always wanted 3"....now I couldn't be happier...no3 has made our family so much more, amazing.

My whole childhood I was told by my mum that she wanted 3 and dad had said no ( thus why my mind said only 2) and even now 34 years on she still regrets not having no3 and she always will.

I would love 4 now, but know by having 3 there are no regrets....regret is the worst.......my parents are still happily married but it is a sticking point that mum was never finished in her baby dream.

Go with your heart.....don't regret...we only have so many years to have babies then it is gone....your heart knows xxxxx

And sorry if this came accross as a pressure post , it is not , just my childhood of my mum , and me just knowing I was never ready to stop at 2
    Last edited by Torrie77; 23-01-2012 at 00:10. Reason: oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I feel exactly the same way.

I have 2, both so easy at this stage and don't want to go through pregnancy and newborn stage again.

I have all the reasons in the world not to have another one, but it's like there's an itch inside me.

At the moment, I am leaning towards no more. My period is arriving, and I'm on the pill. If I decide, it has to be now, otherwise it's too late for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I only have DD and do NOT want to go through the whole pregnancy/birth/newborn thing. Tbh me and especially DH don't want another.
    But lately I've been thinking I WILL regret it if I don't give DD a sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have writen your post word for word. WHile im am so happy with my 2 kids...i keep getting these feeling like i want another. So much so that i HAD to start taking the pill (as much as i didnt want to) as i can feel myself 'having a weak moment'
    I figure if i can get to DS's 2nd birthday without falling pregnant, ill be sitting pretty. DEEP down i know i dont want any more kids but my hormones are telling me 'go on, one more'.
    I am not closed to the idea of having another bub in few years time, say 5 years but who knows by then.
    I dont really have any advice, just that your no the only one and it could jst be your hormones (i know it is for me!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always think, 'you will never regret the ones you have, but you will regret the ones you didn't have'.

I remember being in the same boat as you, Button08, though my DH always wanted another, so that wasn't an issue, I was quite content with the 2 and the stage they were at etc, but there was always this niggly thought that I wasn't 'done'. I guess deep down, I always knew I would have 3, but still grappled with the thought of it if that makes sense.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I always think, 'you will never regret the ones you have, but you will regret the ones you didn't have'.
    This is what I think too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd give it a while and discuss more with your DH. I used to agree with the saying mentioned in here that you will always regret the one you didn't have UNTIL I read a thread here with numerous mothers stating they were overwhelmed and regret having more children.

I'm not sure whether I want another one or not so I figure it will eventually come to me. Provided you're not getting too old, there's no rush.