+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I roasted my veggies (it tastes about 47,009 times better!) and mashed til smooth.

I used the Avent stacking cups too, they're awesome! And I LOVE that they are steralised and ready for use. I will absolutely buy more when I have number 3. The tiny little decor 'dip' pots are good too, but mine both ate that little for such a short time. When they first start ice cubes are pretty handy. I had a tray of veggies, a tray of chicken and a tray of rice and I would just mix and match.

I did a lot of pureeing with my first, but with my second I started on the single roast veggie mash and started adding lumps pretty quickly (she was already 6 months when she started solids though).

I would either mash or use a barmix to give it a rough 'joosh'...

I personally don't see the merit of the blend/steam contraptions, but I liked my kids to progress from puree pretty quick. I did the Baby led weaning you do when you're afraid of actual
    BLW...

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had a 9.99 stick mixer that i used to puree.

you can use ice trays to begin with if you dont have any you can pick them up from the $2 shop. then in coles they sell little snap lock containers these are great as eventually you will use them to put sultanas in when you go out. i even use them for dps lunches if i send dip or sauce to work with him.

dont get too many as it wont be long until you will be able to just make a little bit of extra at dinner and then just puree that for bub.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we did BLW so DD had what we ate. If we were out Id order a salad and she could munch on tomato or toast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I cook large batches in a normal pot, then puree in a food processor. I then spoon into icecube trays or flexible muffin trays which go into the freezer. When frozen I turn these portions out into ziplock bags and keep in the freezer. Then microwave as needed.
    Exactly this with all 4 of mine - although sometimes use stick blender rather than food processor

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a vitamiser (puree machine), and just pureed the left overs for whatever we had for dinner. Eg. if we had a roast - I pureed the meat - put that in icecube trays, then froze, pureed the potatoes - then froze in icecube trays, pureed the greens then froze in trays etc.

Popped out the cubes when frozen and kept in the freezer - then popped out what was needed for a lunch into a divided container (had a tupperware one).

I didn't buy anything special here - I already had the vitamiser, and icecube trays and tupperwares.

Sounds like I did as others did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just use my normal steamer I got as part of my saucepan set. A cheap alternative are those Asian bamboo steam baskets in varying size.

I also roast but find steaming makes for less processing.

I use my stick master with it's blade piece on the end for most batches but I also have a food processor for bigger stuff. I find a lot less washing up with stick master, I think it's a sunbeam and wasn't expensive - just make sure you get the one with blade/container piece but I think that's fairly standard.

I do big lots for a whole week and mix the veggies up as I blend into all sorts of weird and wonderful concoctions. Thankfully 7 month old DD eats anything.

I freeze in lots of small containers. I found good ones at Kmart, 6 for $2.

Enjoy the blending!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a few different ways as DD got older but to begin with.

I cooked a whole bunch of different veggies/fruit in my steamer. Pureed them individually then poured them into Tupperware ice cube trays (Tupperware ones have lids) then I'd mix and match what I gave her.

Then I made meals. Like apricot chicken, casserole ect. I puréed or just "mashed" but still used my food processor for that. I stored the meals in special freezer to microwave baby food containers. They were only $3 for 6 from Kmart and also BPA free.

Then after awhile I just put normal food in the containers for my lazy days. Other then that she would eat what we ate.

DD is 2 and I still have a heap of different things in the freezer for my I can't be bothered cooking days (they are a life saver!!!) I just freeze a portion of some meals. Like spag bowl, casserole, pasties, soup, curry ect...