+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rethinking having a baby shower due to a change in circumstances

Hi

I am 27 weeks pregnant, 2nd child and have been separated for 3 weeks (no chance of reconciliation). I wasn't going to have a baby shower. I didn't with my first and I have never been one to be the centre of attention. But....given the separation and the fact that I feel I haven't focused at all on this new baby due to a broken heart, I am suddenly feeling like I would like to pre-celebrate/honour her in some way. I would like to invite my gf's for an afternoon of silliness and a glass or two of bubbly and to make a memento book for my dd to have. She is not going to have her dad at her birth like my ds did and I would like something special for her in case later in life she feels 'ripped off'. What do you think? Is this a hormonal trip or do you think this is a good idea? Anyone else been in this position and done this? I would love some feedback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs. I think that is a fabulous idea!!! Enjoy!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

amiee  (22-01-2012),funnymama  (23-01-2012),jemmajam  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that's a great idea, plus its a great excuse to have a great time and lots of laughs which every pregnant lady needs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (27-01-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, funnymama. First off, I have read your thread about the separation and just wanted to send you some of these ---->

I think that is a great idea. I know my situation is a lot different to yours but I'll share anyways: When I was pregnant with my second born (DS) I had severe antenatal depression, and could not find any joy in my pregnancy. I hardly took any pictures during the pregnancy, didn't buy any close for baby clothes for him, or "nest" like I did with my first born, and found the whole pregnancy a huge ordeal, to be honest. Luckily I had amazing friends who talked me into having at least a tiny little celebration/baby shower, and I am so happy that I listened to them. I had a lovely, low key day and have lots of photos, a handmade necklace (that I wore during labour and birth) and other keepsakes to show to my little man when he is older.

I am so happy that I did this, as I don't want him to look back and wonder why there is a huge gap in his photo album, iykwim.

Going through a difficult time, a baby shower might be just what you need to shift the focus a little bit and treat both yourself and your little baby. You sure deserve it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a real girly girl but had a baby shower/afternoon tea at the weekend and am so glad I did. While I am not separated, I had to give up work unexpectedly early, before Christmas, on doc's orders for the health of the baby. So I found the shower was a great chance to connect again with my friends and enjoy their moral support for what at times has been a trying pregnancy journey. Everyone brought a plate and it wad just lovely. I say go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would absolutely have one!!

I wasn't going to for my second bub but after the affair and feeling worried about having bub etc. it was beautiful to be able to be happy and look forward to meeting him. It really made me think about my bub and focus on him in a positive way as I think I'd almost ignored the fact that I was pregnant once my world came crashing down...

Do it!! You'll love it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (28-01-2012)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Go for it. I'm sure your friends would be delighted to have an excuse to spoil you and bellyfruit... I hope you have a wonderful time.