+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 year old hates pram

Hi I'm after some advice my little girl has just turned 1 and has started hating being in her pram for more than 15 minutes I have a steelcraft agile stroller and I make sure she is sitting up, has just been fed and has plenty of toys, yet after a minimal amount of time in it she just starts crying and trying to get out, I had her in the trolley doing the groceries and she loved it not sure whether it was being up High or being able to see me- is it worth getting a pram where she can face me? Does anyone still have their 1 year old facing them in the pram? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS ( 15 months) still faces me, always has, he always liked the pram so I never even thought to turn him! I have a bugaboo and we have a snack tray attached which is great at the moment as he is always eating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DS first started to walk, he absolutely refused to sit in the pram. Not that he ever liked it anyway, but after that he was just way too keen to explore the world than be cooped up in a pram. Has your DD just started walking at all? My only trick was to give him lots of some type of food that took him a long time to eat. Sultanas were a favourite. Then I'd bolt into the shops and out again .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies I have been feeding her everytime we've been going out but didn't really want to make a habit of it, she hasnt started walking yet- just trying to decide if it's worth spending money on another pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was just having this conversation with dh today! Our dd 15 months will not sit in the pram at all(and has never liked it) We've tried the trolley, different prams, a stroller, facing in, facing out, sitting up, laying down, food, toys..... EVERYTHIng!!
    She is just the type of kid who loves to be independent and being held in by a pram is not her thing.
    I just said today that I think my 'shopping with dd' days are over for a little while. She's just too difficult to manage in shops at the moment so I'm keeping away unless I have reinforcements (dh)... I remember my niece going through his aswell and it got better once my sister could reason with her! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little one went through this around the same age....just keep at it

I run every day and he started to get fussy - but i just kept at it and eventually he got used to it. He does face me in the pram - like a previous poster i just never thought to turn him around.

i know it's different at the shops , but could you 'practice' at a park , maybe at a time that is quieter ( aka - not full of other people giving you dirties for letting your child fuss for a bit ) . I know that my little one finds the park much more interesting and that got him used to it again for when I'm at the shops.

This is what worked for me - for my sanity i need to be able to go running and to go running i need for him to be in the pram.

My little one also likes the trolley - sometimes if he's not to tired etc i just push him round the shops in that ... no harm done :P

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Would she tolerate being in a sling, like an Ergo? They're soooo comfy, I still carry my 3.5 year old in it occasionally (he's about 15kg). Do you know anyone with one that you could try out for an afternoon and see if it makes any difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have several prams and bubs tries to get of them all , I have found the houdini clip works a bit as she knows she cannot get out of the harness and she settles down a bit in the pram.