+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Find me a good walking pram for 2

Ive been going around and around in circles trying to find the best pram to suit my needs. Its too hard!

I will first be using it as a single pram for my DD (2yrs, 14.5kgs) and then as a double when we have baby #3. DD will be 3 by then and I'll need something to take her as I'll be walking DS to kindergarten and its a fair way.

I think this is what Im after-

-an "inline" tandem pram- so I can have the option of having two seats available so my DD can hop in and out as she pleases. For this reason Im not a fan of the BJCS. I want one with the toddler seat out of view so it doesnt look funny with only one baby in it IYKWIM?

-I need tall seats. I think for this reason the strider plus is not an option- it has small seat heights?

-I need seats with a big weight capacity cos we breed big'uns.

-Id prefer 4 wheels if I can get one as Ive heard 3 wheels are unstable?

-Id prefer air tyres as opposed to the plastic ones as its for walking

So far I think Ive ruled out the strider plus and BJCS. That leaves on the phil and teds?
    Can anyone tell me which of the P&T pram is the biggest? Is there any other pram I should be looking at?

Thankyou so much! ANY help at all is much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked at the bugaboo donkey? I know it's exy but I think it'd be totally worth it!
    I have a cameleon and I love it, so when we try for another later this year, I'll be def upgrading to the donkey.

The donkey can also "shrink" back to a single pram when needed too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a Phil and Ted with four wheels, as an option (and inline tandem), plus you can now buy this nifty little three wheeled scooter to hook on the back of p&t's so miss kindy girl can scoot to kindy, or sit, or be towed standing up on her scooter.

I'm a fan of p&t's but I have the original e3 sports inline tandem - I'm jealous of the options available now!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have giant children as well, I hate my p&t the toddler seat is to small if one is in the pram the other wants to be in too! The stroller capsizes if the heavy child is at the back and the light child is at the front, meaning as your dd moves in and out of the stroller you will have to move your youngest child front and back constantly!
    I personally wish I just got a side by side for walking I would have gone with the bjc elite if I had known better! Though your daughter is older then my son was so maybe this will work better for you. I had the vibe (which broke after 3 months for me, 6 months for a friend and 8 months for another friend) and then I got the sport, which is the unable to break pram, mine has been to hell and back and is still chugging, however it's got a crappy sunshade and it didn't look all the comfy for a baby to sit in! Though the new ones might be nicer who knows
    Last edited by Maximum22; 22-01-2012 at 22:10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post:

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Donkey; it's fabulous, I cannot recommend it enough. It has all the versatility you seem to require, if you can stomach the price

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second all that about the Phil and teds. The toddler seat is crazy small. SO poorly designed. The sunshade is useless. And I bought the uv sun protector thingo, a big black net/thing that goes over and the snaps broke within a few months.
    I have the dash, and I had to have the seat(they call it the sling) replaced due to faulty buckle before it was even a month old, and again at about 13 months old (the fabric began to fray where the wooden back support was putting so much pressure on the fabric, and the zips that keep the seat upright broke.

I am supremely disappointed.

I also bought a backpack child carrier from P&T and it was very shoddy too. It's been repaired once and fully replaced and it broke AGAIN just outside of warranty.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My p&t backpack broke too! After 3 uses I just gave it away when I was selling all my baby stuff

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post:

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like the Phil and Ted hammerhead is the pram you're after in the P&T range, and apparently their quality has improved in the last 2 years, maybe head down to the shops and try your children in the prams to see if they fit comfortably.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard of the hammerhead today for the first time. Aparently they were never that popular in Australia but the one good thing about it was that the 2nd seat attachment was able to recline so ideal for a newborn, etc.
    Other than that, its quite an unnatractive pram compared to the normal 3 wheeler.
    Ive always been a super fan of the Mountain Buggy. We took it everywhere from daily walks to camping hikes and i swear i could steer the pram the entire way with my little finger! Then.....i saw the new +1! What a horrid HORRID design. I was so sad to see what i saw and am now stressing over what pram im going to buy next before bub #2 is born in May.
    Im the same, i need pump up tyres, room in the seats, a good quality/sturdy frame that folds up quickly and will take a beating!
    In all honesty, im leaning towards the Phil n Teds. But just the Explorer 2. Ive heard the dash is a crap base model. One of my friends who rarely uses hers had to get the entire seat replaced as it started to fray and tear away from the frame. But all my other friends who have had the Explorer 2 model have said that they are quite happy with it. Unfortunately, it cant be pushed with one finger but it will go over mountains!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzybaby For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (24-01-2012)