+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changes to exercise while TTC?

Hi Everyone!
    I'm totally new to this whole forum thing but thought I would give it a go. Quick bit about me - DH and I made a New Year's Resolution to TTC this year! Exciting times This is our first month trying and I came off the pill on new years day. Since April last year DH and I have been on a be more healthy and get fitter mission. I have lost 17kg and have a long way to go. Most days I either ride for 30min or walk for an hour.

We have just been having a converstaion about excercise around O - does anyone exercise less while BDing more?

Thanks heaps in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 12Roses! Welcome...

I'm not much help as I exercise a lot and this too is our first month of trying so i too would like to know what the go is with exercise and ttc.

I just wanted to say congrats though on the weightloss, well done! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't - I was training for Bridge to Brisbane when I found out I was pregnant and really pushing myself!

I'd just carry on as usual- it might take a while to concieve & you don't want to lose your level of fitness. Pregnancy and the accompanying morning sickness & tiredness make you feel even less like exercising so keep it up while you can!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be excersising as normal when i get Pg. I got told excersise is only a no-no if you never usually excersise but if u do then u can carry on as normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will definately keep exercising while pregnant But I did read somewhere that for a few days after ovulation you should avoid vigorous exercise while ttc. I personally would be only doing light exercise for the ttw. Exercise changes the way your immune system works and your hormones. Long term exercise is obviously good for you, but for conception there is plenty on the internet about vigourous exercise influencing conception. Thats my opinion anyway. All the best, and great job at the weight loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our fs tells us not to do spin - only thing she tells us not to do. Not sure if it makes a difference if you don't have probs but one to think about. Good luck with your ttc journey - hope its a short one.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Puppyguts and Marie02, did you continue to exercise as much when you found out? I was training for a mini triathlon when i found out last week (yah!!)
    I'm usually fit and healthy, gym 5 days etc etc, forgot to ask my doc on saturday about the tri, now 'Im not sure whether to pull out now, it's March 4th, Im 5 weeks. I see swimming and cycling listed as good thing to do whilst PG but havent seen running listed?
    Helps please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by future mum View Post
    Puppyguts and Marie02, did you continue to exercise as much when you found out? I was training for a mini triathlon when i found out last week (yah!!)
    I'm usually fit and healthy, gym 5 days etc etc, forgot to ask my doc on saturday about the tri, now 'Im not sure whether to pull out now, it's March 4th, Im 5 weeks. I see swimming and cycling listed as good thing to do whilst PG but havent seen running listed?
    Helps please
    I didn't end up doing the Bridge to Brisbane. But I was pushing myself really hard to the point of getting dizzy (yes I know that's not good!) to do it in the time I wanted to. Then morning sickness kicked in around week 7 and I was too sick to do anything for weeks. Got back into exercise again in 2nd trimester but taking it more slowly- good brisk walks, pregnancy exercise classes.

It's hard to say! You could still do the triathlon but take it more slowly & not push yourself as hard- depends on how fit you were to start off too. Don't forget morning sickness might kick in too.

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

future mum  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

I am new to TTC and just wanted to ask if any of you were doing any sort of weights when you werer TTC? I currently go to gym 5 days a week and I do the circuit with weights & cardio and I like to push myself pretty hard. I am paranoid now that I am TTC that I should back off but I don't want to lose my fitness and I still need to lose some more weight. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm TTc soon {month or two} and I do an hour and a half on the WiiFit {yoga/stretches and steps} at about 11, and do an hour's fast paced walking on the way to pick DD up from school.
    On weekends I do an hour of horseriding instead of the walking, which I'll stop as soon as I get a positive test.

When I was pregnant I did squats every day, did a pregnancy pilates class every second day {or third? I can't remember, it was 6 years ago!}, walked an hour and did stretches.
    I'm convinced that keeping up the fitness helped me with my hour long labour to my 10 pound daughter.