+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    those who has nespresso. how do you clean your milk frother. i find ours gets a build up that is hard to scrub out (prob cause DH doesnt rinse it properly)
    I just clean it with a chux cloth. We were told not to use anything abrasive on it. I rinse between each use (i.e.: if i'm making two coffee's, I will rinse it out inbetween), otherwise the residual milk kind of cooks to the bottom. After one use it is really easy to clean out with the chux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I just clean it with a chux cloth. We were told not to use anything abrasive on it. I rinse between each use (i.e.: if i'm making two coffee's, I will rinse it out inbetween), otherwise the residual milk kind of cooks to the bottom. After one use it is really easy to clean out with the chux.
    yes thats it the cooked milk. will have to tell DH to rinse between each go - i dont drink coffee so its all his

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We have a sunbeam arista espresso it also comes with a grinder that you can change how fine it grinds, and it stores your beans in the top, you can grind straight in your handle, fresh as. We got ours at Harvey norman with an extended 4 year warranty, but you can buy them online from big w for under $300.
    They are great, I tend to leave my machine on all day, but this one will turn itself off after a while. We did have a cafe Roma, but the pump wore out about 3 years later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh and you can make the kids milochinnos mine love the frothy milk on top of milo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Yeah we do the exact same thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nespresso!!! It's so easy to use and doesn't take up too much space on the bench top. Plus the coffee tastes amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are there places you can try the nespresso pods? I'm always hearing rave reviews about the machine but don't want to buy one only to discover i dislike the taste of the pods....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone told me that you can you nesspresso pods in the aldi machine? Is this true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    I so want a nepresso haha ! mist say I've never seen Aldis one and I'm there frequently haha
    The aldi one sold out very quickly, because it is very much the same as nespresso but less than half the price it went nuts! I only just got my milk frother as they were sold out everywhere I went!! You would think because of the price that it isn't very good but I love it, I haven't used a nespresso though socant compare!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    We have a sunbeam arista espresso it also comes with a grinder that you can change how fine it grinds, and it stores your beans in the top, you can grind straight in your handle, fresh as. We got ours at Harvey norman with an extended 4 year warranty, but you can buy them online from big w for under $300.
    They are great, I tend to leave my machine on all day, but this one will turn itself off after a while. We did have a cafe Roma, but the pump wore out about 3 years later.
    We have the same set up. DH preferred it to a Nespresso, as he's a little bit of a coffee snob (understatement), and liked having the control of being able to make the coffee how he wanted it. His dad isn't so worried about that and loves his Nespresso - so I guess it depends on how important it is to you to 'make' the coffee, if that makes sense?

I love how the grinder (on the Sunbeam Artista) fits straight into the handle too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dad has the nespresso and aldi pods didn't fit into it