+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What vitamins contain no iodine?

Hi Ladies,

I’m going back to IVF next month and realise that I’m on my last packet of the old Elevit. I’ve been looking around a few pharmacies for sometimes now and most of the TTC vitamins contain iodine which I cannot take due to Hyperthyroidism. I have overactive thyroid and now the new Elevit tables would cause my condition to worsen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Cannotgiveup
    Could you take the vitamins you need as separate tablets eg- folate, fish oil, vit B etc??

Good luck!
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PoppyLoppy,

I'm not sure whether this would be enough, because I'm concern that I might throw things out of balance. I'm currently taking fish oil, caltrade,COQ10, Royal Jelly,thyroid tablets, DHEA x3times,aspirns.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you would be best to chat to a pharacist so they can help you get everything you need without causing thyroid problems, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a thyroid condition and found the same problem! The pharmacist told me the Elevit brand women's multivitamin is what to take. No iodine apparently. I take blackmores folate as well just to get extra as my GP said the folate in most vitamins isn't enough. With my thyroxine and also Iron supplements that's handful of pills every day! Aarggh!
    Good luck on ivf xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe see a naturopath? They should be able to tell you what you need to take and in what quantities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cannotgiveup, how are you managing your hyperthyroidism and ivf? As you know I just lost my pregnancy, as soon as I found out I had it I stopped taking my supplements which had iodine in it. The Dr did not tell me to though, I just figured it would make sense not to take them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dextersmum- How are you doing? I read about you in another thread. As for me,I normally go and see my Endocrinologist and have regular a BT to reduce my thyroid tablets.

Thanks ladies for your suggestion.I might go back and check with my GP and see what he would suggest. I'm really worry as I get different reply from various pharmacies, that Elevit or Blackmore tablets is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Cannotgiveup, I've joined BH today after reading your thread. I think the Elevit multivitamin without Iodine contains Selenium which can also have an affect the thyroid function. Most people get enough Selenium from their diet. It is reccommended to take it if there is a Selenium deficiency but I have read that it may have adverse effects on a foetus. I would definitely check with both your FS and your Endocronologist.