+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After reading all the facts. I don't think he deserves it. As someone mentioned earlier, that could have been someone's father. Someone's son. Just horrible. It's not like it was an accident, he purposely brutally hurt someone, then killed them.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    No one has 'the right' to have a child, however, every child has the right to be worshipped, adored, cherished and to have a childhood with happy memories and positive, loving role models and care givers. I think it is totally and utterly selfish of them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

grumpybump  (23-01-2012),LillyPonds  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really fussed what they do- but if it's an IVF baby they need to foot the bill themselves!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is money the only concern with some people? This is a child who will be spending childhood around criminals. How will he be a good father? He won't be able to tuck the child in at night, attend school plays, play backyard cricket, do anything that a father would do. He will see his child in jail and maybe write letters sometimes. He won't contribute in any way. It has nothing to do with money!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (23-01-2012),twotrunks  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I think it's stupid, and I think the girl is stupid for wanting to do this, don't get me wrong.

But it is a free world- and let's face it, not every dad hangs around to tuck his kid in at night and do all the daddy stuff anyway.

Would be interesting to see how they arrange the logistics of it- but that's the prison system's job!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    I don't think his wife should be punished by having to remain childless. When imprisoned you give up the right to walk down the street like the rest of society, to be free and choose what you would like to do each day...you don't give up your human rights and having a family to love is a very natural human right.
    True, when you are sentenced to life in prison, you do not lose your human rights. However I do believe that you lose, and should rightfully lose some of them. That man took away every human right of an innocent person, in a premeditated way. For that you lose your freedom and a certain amount of contact with other people, including being able to father a child. Being a parent is not a right. It is a privilege. You have few privileges when incarcerated, and becoming a parent should not be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Thats truly a horrible crime. However, I still don't believe it is any indication on the type of father he would be nor the type of woman who has fallen in love with him.

I personally know a lot of men who are all round stand up guys and make terrible, undevoted, lousy fathers...
    He is going to be a terrible father. A father the majority of people would be ashamed of. A father who will never be there and can fulfill very few roles that a good father can. I don't see why a child should be sentenced to having a father like that. Any contact with the father will be after being searched and checked over for contraban and in a room full of other perpertrators of disgusting crimes. He wants a child? He should have thought of that before killing an innocent. She wants a child? There is plenty of men not in prison she could do that with. She is making a choice.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

grumpybump  (23-01-2012),LillyPonds  (23-01-2012),MissMuppet  (23-01-2012),Mod-Myztik  (23-01-2012),squirrelex  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Is money the only concern with some people? This is a child who will be spending childhood around criminals. How will he be a good father? He won't be able to tuck the child in at night, attend school plays, play backyard cricket, do anything that a father would do. He will see his child in jail and maybe write letters sometimes. He won't contribute in any way. It has nothing to do with money!
    Another concern is my understanding of federal crimes is your not actually allowed physical contact with your visitors. Imagine not being able to have physical love from your Dad? I spend hours each day just hugging dd. she physically needs them I can't imagine her coping with out being allowed to cuddle and kiss me or dh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to know how people think he would make a good father. He will never see his child outside of a jail setting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Haven't read all of the responses but I think a lot of people, including these two, have children for very wrong reasons. They want a baby for their own gain, they don't seem to consider that this poor child will have a father who is a murderer (COMPLETELY different to being a single mum OR being a mum with a partner who works away).

I think it's a bad idea and not necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the issue they have is that while the inmate admits to waiting for, jumping on and attacking the victim he claims to not be the one who actually dragged the victim to the lake and actively drowned him. He fully admits the assault crime and feels a lot of remorse for that and agrees that he should do time in prison for what he did. However if he wasn't the one to actually kill the victim (there were 2 people involved in the bashing) then life without parole is a very harsh penalty for a mistake made by a very young person under the influence of drugs and alcohol and running with a 'bad crowd'. If he WAS the one to do the actual drowning at the end then that may be different and perhaps he deserves the sentence he received.

The problem is that the police never tested his clothes or shoes to see if he had actually been in the lake, they appear to have just taken the word of the other perpetrator without any real evidence. I don't have enough blind faith in the judicial system (especially in America) to think that it's not possible that someone is incarcerated for the wrong crime.

The inmate believes he has served his time, or close to enough time, for the bashing crime and is currently appealing for a retrial so he can get the clothes he was wearing that night tested and prove his innocence of the actual murder at the end ( the victim did not die from the bashing, he died because after being bashed he was dragged into a lake and held under water).

His wife is already 35 and they know that an appeal and then retrial will likely take a long time and it's possible that it may be too late for them to have children naturally when he is released. Which is why they wanted to do ivf so that it's not too late and that the children will already exist when he is released. They truly don't believe that the child/ren will have a childhood of visiting dad amongst rapists and murderers, never being able to cuddle dad etc because they believe that if he got a retrial he would be released.

Without reading the court documents, if it's true that there was no physical evidence he was in that lake that night then I personally think he deserves another more fair and accurate trial, innocent or not.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneBabyBoy For This Useful Post:

amiee  (23-01-2012),twotrunks  (24-01-2012)