+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I didn't know they had prison for men and women to share.
    Not sure, that's just how I read it. Either way it will be a life sentence for the child to spend the next 18 years surrounded by prisoners during visitation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Thats truly a horrible crime. However, I still don't believe it is any indication on the type of father he would be nor the type of woman who has fallen in love with him.

I personally know a lot of men who are all round stand up guys and make terrible, undevoted, lousy fathers...
    Sorry I totally disagree. There has to be some serious issues going in for this woman. And as if a murderer is going to make a Good Father!!!
    As for visiting your dad In jail As a child... Not fun IMO. Well I didn't find it fun anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry I didn't explain myself properly. She is not in prison she met him while he was in there.

I think her friend was going to go and visit him and she asked if she could go as well. Then she went back again and they started writing letter to each other, and that's how the relationship started.

She actually seemed very normal she had a job and a house (she ended up declaring bankruptcy with all the cost). She had previously been married. She was average looking. Average weight. Her parents had meet him and they said he was a nice guy and attended the wedding with some of his family too.

She used to visit him weekly but it got to costly so she now visits him fortnightly for 6 hours (there visitations must be different over there than to Australia)

No they are not allowed to have sex (although I am pretty sure some prisons do allow this) so it definatly would be an ivf baby and I assume they would pay for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's clearly never coming out of jail, and nor should he for the horrible crime he committed against an innocent person. I don't think it's the ideal situation either to parent a child he is never going to have a normal life with. A prison setting is not normal nor is it healthy for a child to be exposed to on a regular basis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    After reading that, I have no idea why someone would want him to father her child. Absolutely incomprehensible.
    This.

Disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    He isnt going to be a father he is in prison for life.
    A letter everyday is not fathering. He is going to see his child in a room with other murders, rapist and worse. For a few hours once or twice a week. The child will be lining up at 5am outside prison for hours before they go in. Other prisoners will question him and ask him for photos that he can trade for things like smokes, drugs or food. Or he might get beaten for them. Do you want me to go on...
    The Child will be visiting in a room where pedos might be sitting next to him
    . No child deserves that.
    If while visiting they are held up by other prisoners the guards will not negotiate for your life. And since a lot are in there for life what have they got to lose.
    Exactly!!

It should NOT be allowed. If you take a life.... you do not deserve to parent a child from jail just because some stupid woman has her crazy head on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok it's a teeny bit different if it is ivf. Sorry but I still stand by my statement that he did a horrible crime therefore gave up his rights to a normal life. And being a dad is included. He wanted to be a dad? Tough, he shouldn't have brutally killed someone. That's the point of prison for someone like him. Life, no parole, no rehabilitation
    Imagine if the person he killed was someone on here's husband and they had young kids that now have no dad. I bet not many of you would be so sympathetic then.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (23-01-2012),twotrunks  (22-01-2012),VintageLover  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiee View Post
    This is just a quick version

In this case two men were drunk and bashing someone outside a deli. The deli attendant came out and broke up the fight. The two men then waited for the deli attendant to finish work and has he walked home the bashed him unconscious.

The man who wants the baby then dragged him across the road and put his face in a puddle/pond and holding him there until he drowned. He also then went and burnt his bike. This is the part the man denied he did. Although apparently he bragged to his mates about this part
    Omg that is terrible! That man was being a good person and trying to help and they obviously planed to Hirt Him and kill him.

That man lost his rights all his human rights. Even had he survived would having children be an option for him? Did he have children who are now without their dad?

After reading that I find it hard to feel that he has rights to become a father

But at the same I agree with LHs op about he doesn't lose his human rights just because he is in jail.

I feel bad for the woman about not being able to have children with her DH. But she knew what she was getting into when she married him. who will be paying for the Ivf?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This woman needs a psychologist, not a baby.

There is something really wrong with someone who pursues a relationship with someone in jail forever for a violent crime. It's not like they were already together. She has sought out this depraved life, but she shouldn't drag a child into it.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (22-01-2012),kate1990  (23-01-2012),LillyPonds  (23-01-2012),MilkingMaid  (23-01-2012),share a book  (22-01-2012),squirrelex  (22-01-2012),twotrunks  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    Sorry I totally disagree. There has to be some serious issues going in for this woman. And as if a murderer is going to make a Good Father!!!
    As for visiting your dad In jail As a child... Not fun IMO. Well I didn't find it fun anyway

13. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (22-01-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast