+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thats truly a horrible crime. However, I still don't believe it is any indication on the type of father he would be nor the type of woman who has fallen in love with him.

I personally know a lot of men who are all round stand up guys and make terrible, undevoted, lousy fathers...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Thats truly a horrible crime. However, I still don't believe it is any indication on the type of father he would be nor the type of woman who has fallen in love with him.

I personally know a lot of men who are all round stand up guys and make terrible, undevoted, lousy fathers...
    He isnt going to be a father he is in prison for life.
    A letter everyday is not fathering. He is going to see his child in a room with other murders, rapist and worse. For a few hours once or twice a week. The child will be lining up at 5am outside prison for hours before they go in. Other prisoners will question him and ask him for photos that he can trade for things like smokes, drugs or food. Or he might get beaten for them. Do you want me to go on...
    The Child will be visiting in a room where pedos might be sitting next to him
    . No child deserves that.
    If while visiting they are held up by other prisoners the guards will not negotiate for your life. And since a lot are in there for life what have they got to lose.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (23-01-2012),laurea  (23-01-2012),LillyPonds  (23-01-2012),VintageLover  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    He isnt going to be a father he is in prison for life.
    A letter everyday is not fathering. He is going to see his child in a room with other murders, rapist and worse. For a few hours once or twice a week. The child will be lining up at 5am outside prison for hours before they go in. Other prisoners will question him and ask him for photos that he can trade for things like smokes, drugs or food. Or he might get beaten for them. Do you want me to go on...
    The Child will be visiting in a room where pedos might be sitting next to him
    . No child deserves that.
    If while visiting they are held up by other prisoners the guards will not negotiate for your life. And since a lot are in there for life what have they got to lose.
    That is exactly my concern. Being around hardened criminals will become normal. Being harassed by them will be part of life for the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder why she was in there too. This man is a murderer who is doing time for his crime. He isn't worthy of being a father in my opinion. I question the type of person the woman is too for falling in love with this man also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's a bit of a life sentence for a child too, having to spend time in a cell to see the father, not to mention we don't know why she was there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I dont believe this couple should have a baby. For all we know he took the life of someone's father so no .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I wonder why she was in there too. This man is a murderer who is doing time for his crime. He isn't worthy of being a father in my opinion. I question the type of person the woman is too for falling in love with this man also.
    The mother wasn't in prison. It is quite common in the US for women to write letters to men on death row/in prison. There are websites set up with details of the prisoners and how to contact them.

Also, some US prisons allow conjugal visits, so it wouldn't necessarily be IVF. And if it was, there is no public funding in the US so I would assume it is self funded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah28 View Post
    The mother wasn't in prison. It is quite common in the US for women to write letters to men on death row/in prison. There are websites set up with details of the prisoners and how to contact them.
    The OP said they met IN prison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The OP said they met IN prison.
    I didn't know they had prison for men and women to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im assuming the first time they met in person was in prison, but they were probably pen pals first?

I guess in the interest of rehabilitation that it would be beneficial for the inmate, but if he is in there for life I can't really see the point.