+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mommies groups in Newcastle?

We just recently moved to Newcastle and just had a baby. I'm wondering if there are any mommies groups that are still active. We live in The Junction. Are any groups meeting nearby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, welcome to newy I have an almost 4 month old and have been looking for a mums group too. I visited an Australian Breastfeeding Association mothers group last week and it was nice. Small, only 4 mums all together but apparently there's a new person almost every time. Not sure how you feed but I don't think it matters if you BF or FF.
    I can give you the info for that if you like. They meet I think every 2 weeks or there abouts. Very casual and friendly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi elleseetee:

The ABA group sounds great. I checked it out on their website. Did you book through Jasmine?

Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    Hi there, welcome to newy I have an almost 4 month old and have been looking for a mums group too. I visited an Australian Breastfeeding Association mothers group last week and it was nice. Small, only 4 mums all together but apparently there's a new person almost every time. Not sure how you feed but I don't think it matters if you BF or FF.
    I can give you the info for that if you like. They meet I think every 2 weeks or there abouts. Very casual and friendly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Jasmine led it last time but I think it's usually Emma. Her email address is on the website (I think it's a man's name from memory)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, no need to book in, just rock up! I was the first one there and was late. So, very casual! I don't think you need to be a member of ABA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been meaning to get to a playgroup and am also in newie- Is the ABA mainly bubs 6 months and under? I have a 2yo and an 8 week old
    anyone have the link?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, there was another mum there with a 2yo. The other mums had their older kids there too cos it was school holidays. No age limit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There is a Facebook group - The Newcastle Bubhub Mummies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Also moving to Newcastle...

Hi, I'm also moving to Newcastle from Sydney in May this year and looking for a group to meet up with. I'm not due until July but it would be great to start making some connections there before bub is born. Have you had any luck finding a regular group?... I'm a bit older than the other mum's that've posted here, 36. I'm also hoping to find a few mums who are keen to stay fit too, maybe walking before a coffee stop etc. Would love to hear from you..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Feel free to add yourself to the Facebook group, there is people getting together all the time.

Im always up for walking places.