+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you just take a bouncer or swing? Most people will wanna hold bubs anyways so probably won't spend much time in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiee View Post
    Can you just take a bouncer or swing? Most people will wanna hold bubs anyways so probably won't spend much time in there
    I dont think that would work. DH is the best man at this wedding so he will be busy all day and it will just be me and bubs and the last thing I want to do after a c/s is lug a swing, baby bag, baby etc all around the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could organize for the bouncer or swing to be there the day before with a small bag of nappies/wipes etc and the venue should be more than happy to put it near your seat.

Then you would only need to organize stuff for the ceremony.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've found a local hire place that hires out a nice looking red capsule for $45 for 2 weeks or $75 for 3 months...might just do the 3 month thing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I say do whatever you can to make life easy for yourself. I went to a wedding when my dd was 10 weeks old and it was really difficult. My dh was away, so I had to dress myself, my ds & my dd and somehow get out the door to the ceremony on time (no small feat when you have to take unpredictable BFing breaks I might add!). I cannot carry a capsule (I have a bad back), so I took our dd in arms to the ceremony, assuming that I'd have heaps of helpers on hand. Problem was it didn't work out that way at all! My parents were busy, my SIL didn't turn up (she was working & got stuck at work), my other brother & SIL sat a long way from us and I had people I didn't know sitting next to me (family in front & behind me). Oh and my dd decided mid-ceremony was perfect timing for another BF! I usually love Weddings but I must say this one was extremely difficult. My dh came home & helped get me to the reception (ds went with my MIL for a sleepover). I cried most of the way there cause I was exhausted (we were at the church for over 2.5 hours with the ceremony, photos, afternoon tea, etc). We took our dd to the reception in a capsule. It was good cause it was sturdy & fitted (just) at the end of the table (on the corner). Despite having my dh to help it was much easier to eat meals with her in the capsule and to not have her in arms the whole night. I was seated a number of tables away from my parents, but I was with my brother & SIL & some cousins, but it was a long skinny table, so it wasn't easy to pass the baby around. I did enjoy the reception, but I was exhausted for a week afterwards.

It's only a matter of weeks til the next family wedding and I've instituted a few changes. My Mum will sit with me and help me (yes, dh is away again!). I will take the pram to the church. I'm also not going to the reception. It was a massive decision for me cause I *love* Weddings and this will be the first family Wedding where I haven't been to the reception, so it's a big deal for me. I'm even considering getting my ds babysat for the ceremony, but I'm still deciding on that one.

Although your dh is in the bridal party I would recommend that you seriously reconsider going to the ceremony & reception. I know for Weddings in my family it's a pretty massive day. You would have just had major surgery 2 weeks earlier and really shouldn't be carrying much at all (let alone a baby, a nappy bag, a baby capsule, etc). If you do go you will need to find someone to help you. Find a friend/relative to help you move things around, hold the baby when you need help, etc. I'd only just come off regular (ie 3hourly) painkillers at 2 weeks and I didn't have a c-section! I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm just letting you know that it will be hard and so you'll need to keep the whole thing as simple as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mim1 that sounds bloody stressful what you had to do!

Oh nah I'll be right at the wedding. Last c/s DH only had 8 days off and I was back home mopping, vaccuming etc 3 days after my surgery and I never took painkillers because I refused them haha I'm a bit of a battleaxe! I'll be fine 2 weeks after and my mum will have the boys here at home for me so I'll only have the newbie. I reckon when you are used to dealing with more than 1 child a day then just having a newborn for a day is a bit of a holiday . But thanks for your concern!
    Last edited by Lemonhead; 22-01-2012 at 15:18.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

mim1  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    Hi LH.

When I was out and about with my youngest, I used to bring one of these soft carry-thingys with handles, that you can place in the stroller or use on its own. I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called but I'll google it and try to find a link for you. By memory they are about $30, and really great!

Does anyone know what I am on about?
    Yes, we have one made by Valco and we used it constantly when DS was a newbie. He slept in it on our table in cafes loads of times. This would be perfect LH