+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Your general daily diet

My children eat extremely well and i make sure they have a varied diet of fruit, veg, meat, dairy etc. I eat a great healthy meal with them every night but apart from that i don't eat nearly as well as my kids.

It's mostly a laziness/time thing, i just grab what i can or i skip a meal if i don't have the time. I am trying to improve this by forcing myself to stop and eat a healthy snack.

It got me wondering if other mums are like this or do they eat really well every day.
    So whats your daily diet like??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just like you! Kids eat great, but I'm lazy when it comes to me (hence being overweight )

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mines pretty healthy, I eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks mostly wholefoods and nasty additive free, I make sure I eat from all the food groups each day. Course I have bad days where I do get to mid afternoon and all I've had is cereal, 2 coffees and a peanut butter sandwich which is not good compared to my good days.

I think it's really important to do at least the small things for myself, I found my bad eating stemmed from a lack of self worth (just a tiny smidgen of it) but I am worth the nourishment healthy food provides so I try to make sure I put that ahead of other less important things (like housework, or reading that 20th book to the kids).

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i have bad days also, its mainly the snacking that gets me down, like coffee and cupcakes or doughnuts, unnecessary but so tasty.

my 3 year old is pretty fussy with food so i usually make something specific for him that i wouldnt eat --> like dishes with red meat.... spag bol, rice/pumpkin/beef salad, beef & blackbean, beef & rice, sausages, lots of other things like that, then ill just have something boring like toast or porridge, cbf cooking two different meals

having said that, my little one will happily eat vegies and hummus and there is a few different fruits that he will eat, as well as fish and prawns and chicken, so he does get a variety, its just a few times a week that he will tantrum and demand something specific.

i do need to modify my eating habits, i want to get back to 50kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm usually very much the same. Even in the morning when packing DD1s school lunch I make sure she had fruit and other healthy snacks but I don't find the time to pack myself the same healthy lunch to take to work. However since the start of the year I've made a conscious decision to eat better, watch my calories and get fitter and healthier. So far so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been thinking the same thing. I have treats like chocolate and biscuits that I eat when DS is asleep, because I don't want him eating them. But surely if they're not healthy enough for him to eat, why am I eating them