+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone elses....?

Child eat the middle out of the piece of toast/sandwich first? Or is it just my DS(18mo)?

Without fail he will pick up the toast, no matter the size or shape, he will eat a bite out of the dead centre, leaving a hole, then eat the rest, leaving the crusts, if he is still hungry he will come back to the crusts. He has ALWAYS done this since first eating toast or sanwhiches on his own I luff watching it, it's so cute!

What cute or strange ways does your child eat their food or do something that's a little out of the ordinary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah I've seen kids do it haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha...my DH eats his big macs one filling at a time. No particular order, but he always finishes with the cheesy meat fillet. He has done this since he was a kid. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Yes my DS1 always ate sandwiches/toast this way when he was younger. There is no way he would have gone back for the crusts though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, mine do that too - drives me nuts that they won't eat the crusts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep my eldest 2 did the exact same thing, Must be a kid thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 4 year old goes one better!...
    She will have for instance a peanut butter sandwich and will pull it apart, scrape the peanut butter of with her finger and eat that, do that on all pieces, then go back and eat the (now pretty much plain) bread leaving the crusts, then will proceed to eat all the crusts (after she's finished her cheese/yoghurt/fritz and fruit - yes she's a big eater!)
    I give up trying to get her to eat a sandwich normally, she scrapes or licks off the toppings on saladas and cruskits to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it! Except no crusts for me

I eat them normally now. Looking back I think it's because the middle always tasted the best and being a kid I had no consideration for the fact that this method would result in having the sandwich filling all over my face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleE View Post
    My 4 year old goes one better!...
    She will have for instance a peanut butter sandwich and will pull it apart, scrape the peanut butter of with her finger and eat that, do that on all pieces, then go back and eat the (now pretty much plain) bread leaving the crusts, then will proceed to eat all the crusts (after she's finished her cheese/yoghurt/fritz and fruit - yes she's a big eater!)
    I give up trying to get her to eat a sandwich normally, she scrapes or licks off the toppings on saladas and cruskits to!
    My 4 yr old dd does the exact same thing! She even does it with toast!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, DD 16months does that exact same thing, although she kind of eats the spread/filling off first. She will not eat cheese on her toast. She will eat it on its own as a snack, but if I put cheese on her toast she pulls it off, inspects it and clearly finds it lacking and flicks it in the floor.
    She also somehow eats a sushi roll so that she is left with just the seaweed in a big square, and barely
    Any rice left at all (except for the kilo or so on her face and clothes and car seat if I happened to be stupid enough to let her eat it in the car).