+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Marley and me..

Everyone keeps listing this in teh movie threads - I don't get it?!?!

I found it soooooooooooo awful, annoying, irritating, terribly acted movie EVA. I absolutely hated it - to the point of nearly turning it off but it was so BAD I just had to stick it out.

Am I alone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't like it either. I adore Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston but really didn't enjoy that movie...I'm not a dog person at all so maybe that's why LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't watched the movie. But have read the book.

There's no way you can't cry when you read that if you have a doggy member of the family.

I read it on a plane. Big mistake. Huge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennifer and Owen are two of the most 'unliked' ppl - he is a terrible, terrible actor and she is so whiney

And then theres the story line..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Big mistake. Huge.

I just had a pretty women flash back...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (25-01-2012),NancyBlackett  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't seen it... People always bring it up because DD's name is Marley, I have no interest. I think I might have watched 5 min of it when it was on TV.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I kinds relate to it because as a puppy, my dog ate the shoe rack, the internet cord, my programming folder, his flea collar, registration tag, and the bottom half of the fly screen part of the security door. He was asked to leave puppy preschool, I was told he wasn't smart enough for obedience school, and a dog expert charged me $100 to tell me my dog is incapable of following orders. He is a much smaller version of that dog, but I love him dearly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? I love Owen Wilson I've seen everything with him in it and love the guy to bits, but really didn't find Marley And Me entertaining.

Love Jennifer Aniston too, especially in 'The Object Of My Affection'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't say i hated it but i didn't think it was anything special.
    I cried during the m/c ultrasound scene only because it reminded of my m/c's but other than that it didn't really move me (the dog dying didn't make me cry - i think i was kind of relived that the story was coming to an end). For me i kept watching long after i had lost interest, it wasn't so terrible that i stopped watching but it wasn't anything i considered that good - if that makes any sense? It was just okay - meh even.

Another movie that everyone seems to love but i couldn't stand was the curious case of Benjamin button - what a yawn fest piece of crud! Strangely enough i really enjoyed the short story though but the movie was sh1t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I just had a pretty women flash back...
    (yay someone got the reference)